61. Pregnant Akshu: 10.1 (TS)

Timeline: Akshara is in her ninth month of pregnancy, almost a week away from due date.

...........

Akshara Birla entered the house with a huge smile on her face. She had her dinner at Goenka house that night. Abhimanyu had an urgent surgery so he couldn't attend. Kairav dropped her and left. Akshara went to her room and changed into a loose gown as it was comfortable.

Abhimanyu entered the room later and saw his wife sitting with a doll in her arms.

Abhimanyu: Akshu? Jaan ye kya hai? Kahin phirse kissi class me enrol to nahi krwa liya na?

Akshara: Uff! Aisa kuch nahi hai...ye to mere bachpan ki hai...

Abhimanyu: tumhare bachpan ki?

Akshara: Haan...bhaiya ne kaha mai bachpan me isko apna baby bolti thi aur isse sb jagah saath rakhti thi....Kairav bhaiya ne di...

Abhimanyu: Accha hai, mai toh dr gaya tha...

He sat next to her and she poked his face.

Akshara: tum bhi na docman! Those classes weren't that bad.

Flashback (reference Pregnant Akshu OS 7)

Akshara was seven months pregnant. This is when her bump started to grow more and her clothes no longer fit her. Abhimanyu had taken her out on shopping when they ran into a girl named Naina advertising about some workshop. Akshara had taken the pamphlet from her.

It was about a workshop for expecting parents for two days (Saturday and Sunday). Akshara got intrigued and enrolled them for it, much to Abhimanyu's distaste. The family also teased him a lot.

The class in itself was alright. They were told dos and donts of new parenthood. Then a dummy doll was given to them. They were taught how to put on the diaper and feed but the real shocked came afterwards.

Naina: Now all of you can take your dolls and the baby bag home. Remember, the doll with need feeding, diaper changes and a whole lot of things like a real baby. It will cry like a real baby too, letting you know that it needs something. Be gentle with it. It will be a great practise for you all. See you all tomorrow.

Abhimanyu: Akshu??...

Akshara: Mujhe bhi nahi pata tha ki aisa kuch hoga...

On the way home, Akshara looked at Abhimanyu with doe eyes. She knew this arrangement bothered him. She looked at the doll in her arms.

Akshara: Abhi...

Abhimanyu did not reply.

Akshara: suno na...beti hui hai hume..

She noticed his lips twitch a little. She knew he was melting.

Akshara: Abhi ek raat ki to baat hai...hum iska naam rakhe...please...

Abhimanyu: choti Akshu...

Akshara: what? No!....

Abhimanyu: Kyu?

Akshara: meri beti ka naam Akshu nahi hoga...kuch aur...

Abhimanyu: Abhira? Abhimanyu + Akshara...

Akshara: Abhira koi naam rakhne wala nahi hai...kuch aur...Ayushi? Khushi?

Abhimanyu: Rehne do, baby hi bula lenge....jb humari sach ki baby hogi tb name sochenge...okay?

Akshara: Hmm...phir Abhira hi thik hai...baby Abhira

Akshara nodded and soon, they reached home. Abhira entered the house with baby Abhira in their arms. They saw their whole family there.