7. Bas Kr Arohi! (Final)

Part 4

Abhimanyu was feeling everything at once! He was a simple man. Always spoke his heart and knew what he wanted. He was always in control of his life and now he felt everything was slipping away. His life was a mess! He breathed deeply before looking down at the reason of his recently messy life- his whole life itself- his Akshu.

The girl was as clumsy as anyone could get. She frustrated him, irritated him, scared him but at the same time, she gave him hope. Hope for a better life, bright future and love. Her presence made him realise that he wasn't living before her. Maybe that is why he felt so protective of her. He was scared to be without her so he constantly tried to keep her in his life- happy and safe. Only, lying in his arms, she looked far from happy. There was a trail of dried tear stains on both her cheeks and her nose of a deep shade of red from the crying she had done.

Flashback to an hour ago

The moment Abhimanyu had stepped into her shared room with Arohi, he made her sit and got up to get something to drink but Akshara didn't let go. She just hugged him close. Abhimanyu let her have that moment before realising what she was doing. The slight shake of her shoulders and the wetness pooling against his shirt made it evident - she was crying!

The monologue had drained Akshara completely. Who knew bottling up emotions could feel this heavy? She was always the understanding, sacrificing, happy Akshara. According to people around her- Akshara had no ambition in life, she only liked making everyone happy as she was always happy. For the most part, yes, Akshara was sweet but she was also dramatic. She had a bubbly personality and loved it when anyone got happy because of her. But it was wrong to assume that she did not dream. She dreamt of becoming a successful music therapist, of taking charge of her mother's dance academy someday and when she met Abhimanyu- she dreamt of a life with him. She had let go of so many things just because she prioritized someone else's happiness over hers. No anymore! And for who? Also, wasn't Abhimanyu a person too? Was his happiness not important? Akshara cannot take Abhimanyu's love for her for granted! Like people took hers! She refused to make Abhi feel less for anyone anymore. She vowed that she will return his feelings with the same passion, prioritize him. For that she needed to bury her past and that is exactly what she did by breaking down in his arms.

Akshara cried for a good while before starting her story. She told him the story no one knew. Goenkas knew what happened at the temple and they saw what happened afterwards. Arohi's POV was always crystal clear. Abhimanyu knew it briefly from Kairav's POV but it was time for Akshara to share what she felt, from her point of view. She told Abhi about the young girl whose story started way before Sirat died-

Akshara: Bachpan ke baare me sochti hoo na toh kabhi aisa din nahi yaad ata jb mai ghar ki sbse choti baachi rahi hoon. Mere paida hone ke bohot km time me hi Arohi paida ho gayi thi. Maine toh humesha khud ko big sister hi suna hai. Arohi has always been the baby in the family. Vo age meri kb ayi aur kb beet gayi, pta hi nahi chala...kabhi koi cheez ek hi hoti aur vo zidd krti toh sb kehte ki tum badi ho, tum hi samjho...maine bhi khud ko humesha bada hi mana..mujhe bura nahi lgta tha...maine sach me Arohi se humesha se pyaar kiya....

Abhimanyu nodded at her, encouraging her to go on. He shifted slightly and pulled her into his lap. Akshara leaned in and kept her head near his heart before continuing.

Akshara: Phir mujhe pta chala ki Sirat maa meri asli maa nahi hai. Mera mumma to koi aur hai. Mujhe bohot bura laga tha Abhi. Bohot bura. Mera kissi ke liye bhi pyaar kum nahi hua tha...bs bura laga ki mujhse meri hi mumma ki baat chupai...lekin us time bhi maine apna dukh side me rakhkr Sirat maa ko hug kiya. Vo mujhse pyaar krti thi isliye mai nahi chahti thi ki vo sad ho. Pr phir maine mimi aur baaki sb se Naira maa ke baare me jaane ki koshish ki. Jitna unke baare me jaanti utna bura lgta ki mai unhe mill nahi payi...pta hai mumma ne mera naam meri naani ke naam pr rakha...unhe lga vo wapis aayi hai mere roop me....ab vo saath honge pr humhara saath bohot km tha..