54. Pregnant Akshu: 5.2 (TS)

Akshara had been unconscious for a while now and Abhimanyu was sitting next to her holding her hand. Her reports had come in and as Dr. Divya had said, the mother and the baby both were fine. Abhimanyu had heard her when she said so but looking at the reports calmed him better. He leaned in and kept his face next to hers while caressing her bump.

Abhimanyu: Thank God! Thank God Akshu! Agar tumhe ya baby ko kuch bhi ho jata toh mai jee hi nahi pata....mere zinda rehne ki wajah ho tum dono...tumhe kuch bhi hota to mai bardash hi nahi kr pata...

He heard footsteps and wiped his tears. Sitting up straight, he looked at the door and saw Manjiri enter followed by Harshvardhan who had a tray in his hand.

Manjiri: Abhi, kaisi hai Akshu?

Abhimanyu: Thik hai maa, reports bhi normal hai.

Harshvardhan: Chalo accha hai! Ab tum bhi kha lo kuch...

Abhimanyu: Jb tk meri Akshu ko hosh nahi aa jata tb tk mujhse kuch khaya nahi jayega..

Manjiri: Abhi agr tu apna dhyan nahi rakhega toh Akshu aur apne bacche ka dhyan kaise rakh payega...unke liye toh thoda sa kuch kha le...

Abhimanyu nodded and ate a bite from the toast Manjiri offered. They all looked at Akshara who was lying down- unaware of the pain her state caused the people in the room. However, as if sensing the sorrow and worry of her husband- she slowly began to gain consciousness.

Akshara: Abhiii

She moaned softly with her eyes still closed.

Abhimanyu: Akshu!! Yahin hoon mai, akhen kholo...dheerse se- (gestured Harshvardhan to dim the lights) haan baba....dheere se- yes, you can do it...slow..

Akshara opened her eyes and saw the tensed faces of her family.

Akshara: Abhii?

Abhimanyu understood her silent question. He told her not to stress and that the baby was fine.

Manjiri: Akshu! Tumhe careful rehna chahiye beta....Thank God tumhe kuch nahi hua...

Akshara: Thank papa Maa...

Harshvardhan: Mujhe?

Akshara: Haan...vo mai giri thi na to zyada impact feel nahi hua....table, chair, saare corner me toh pool noodles lage hue they...

Abhimanyu looked at Harshvardhan gratefully. His baby-proofing the house had literally saved both his babies- his wife and future child.

Dr. Divya came in to meet Akshara and guided her. She signed her discharge papers and advised Akshara against rapid moments for a few days. Abhimanyu helped Akshara up and wear her cotton dress again instead of the hospital gown she had on.

He helped her tie the dhori on the back and turned her to face him. Slowly he cupped her face and rubbed his thumb on her soft cheeks. Akshara was taken aback by his expressions. His eyes screamed his love at her. He looked at her like an ardent devotee would look at his deity.

Akshara: Abhi? Kya hua?

Abhimanyu shook his head and wordlessly took her into his arms.

Abhimanyu: Mai dr gaya tha Akshu! Kyu darati ho mujhe itna? Aisa to mai mr jaunga na-

Akshara: shh...marne ki baaten mt kro docman...tumhari girija bilkul thik hai-

She said and snuggled into his chest while he breathed with relief in the warmth of her presence.

Arohi: Akshu!!!

Abhira separated as Arohi barged into the room. Working in the same hospital, she had seen Abhira's PDA so often that it did not bother her. She walked up to Akshara and started to scold her.