34. Not Your Punching Bag (III)

Hi,

So I tried to really push for an update today itself and its my second update today! The next part will take some time, I'll try for tomorrow, second half of the day. No promises though. Please try and understand- weekdays are busy for me specially since I took the start of the week off due to my eye issue.

....................

Abhimanyu came home that night, late as usual. His anger was settling but he was still annoyed at his wife for ignoring his promise to keep away from family matters. He was also hurt. It did not help that Manjiri was also very upset and broken about Akshara's nosiness. It pained him immensely. He hoped Akshara was asleep, or at least respectful of his need for space as he did not want another argument between them.

He entered his room and was immediately hit by its emptiness. It was strange- a week ago this was his room but now it was theirs and her absence hit him hard in such a short span of time. He frowned as noticed the neatly keep things and un-creased bed sheets. Akshara had not been to bed. He was confused. Where was she this late into the night? He checked the washroom and found it empty too.

Abhimanyu did not like her absence. He wanted to know where she was but did not want to call her either so he decided to check on his own when his eyes fell on the note stuck to the mirror. It read-

'Abhimanyu,

I am going to Goenka House for a few day so that I don't disturb your "space". Please don't worry that I'll be here. Come home on time and eat on time. I won't be here to disturb you anyways.

Bye,

Akshara'

Abhimanyu cringed at the sight of their full names. Turns out he had annoyed her out of her patience. His sadness quickly turned into irritation.

Abhimanyu: Tumne kiss baat ki chid hai? Hr baar galti tum karo aur mai maaf kr doon...I love you Akshu pr you need to know the dynamics of this house and let them be......(crushes the note) Aur mujhe kyu chid hogi...jao raho jahan rehna hai...mai bhi miss nahi krta...

.........

Abhimanyu tossed and turned. He kept looking at the vacant space on the bed.

Abhimanyu: Kya ho raha hai?? Ek hafta hua nahi shaadi ko aur uske bina mujhe ajeeb lg raha hai...iss ek hafte me bhi toh kitna kuch hua ..humne sahi se time hi nahi spend kiya...kare bhi kaise? Akshu ko toh fursat nahi hai family se....ugh!! why can I not stop thinking about her and just sleep??!!

Abhimanyu tried really hard but could not sleep. Between his brain and heart- his heart won finally as he decided to check on Akshara. He recalled how she had fallen sick due to stress when they had fought. This worried him. He took his small travel medical bag and headed to Goenka house.

...........

Arohi Goenka was ecstatic. She was dancing in her room that she once shared with her sister.

Arohi: Kya masterstroke mara hai tune Dr. Arohi! Tu toh yahan bhi best hi nikli.... smart people can kill two birds with one stone but I am ultra smart. So many birds and no one doubted me in the slightest. Hahaha

She continued to sing and hum while dancing in the room when she got a call. She saw it was Rudra calling her.

Arohi: Ye kyu call kr raha hai? Eee!!! Shyd job?? Utha leti hoon but I shouldn't sound desperate.

She sat and composed herself. Letting the phone ring for a few seconds, she picked it up and sounded bored.

Arohi: Hello..

Rudra: Hi Dr. Arohi..

Arohi: Mr. Rudra, kyu call kiya hai??

Rudra: Please don't be so formal. I am sorry but mera bhi socho, apke jijaji kitne scary hai aapne dekha hai na...upar se mere doctor bhi they...