27. Jethani-Devarani (Final)

The Perfect Rishta : ShefalixAkshara

'Akshara?'

Akshara stopped on her tracks and turned. Shefali was looking at her with a hopeful expression.

Shefali: tum ye kya le jaa rahi ho?

Akshara: (looks at the tray in her hand) ye!? Gudail ka tel..isse na baal-

Shefali: Mere laga dogi?

Akshara was shocked for a second by the unexpected request but nodded.

Akshara: Off course Bhabhi!! Mujhe to accha hi lagega..mai toh Aru se bhi kehti thi ki lagwa lo lekin vo na oil ko ew krke nikal jati thi...mujhe to humesha ye beheno wali activity-

Akshara stopped her rambling and looked at Shefali with a sleepish face. She got over excited again! She was very young when she lost her parents and those memories are a bit blurry but whatever she remembered post that- she had lived her life trying to fit according to Arohi. Then she left home. It was true that her relationship with Arohi was in a much better place now but she did crave simple activities that she knew Arohi would never like.

Shefali shook her head at Akshara's child-like enthusiasm. And over what? Over oiling her hair? She really was the cutest person she knew with the purest heart. Shefali actually wanted to have a chat. She often stayed away from home and while she loved all of them like her family, she was lonely. Her point of view wasn't heard. She sat in front of Akshara while the later sat on the higher seat near the in-house pond. Something inside her told her that her devarani was just the person she could open to. Maybe the person she was getting jealous of was the answer to her inner trouble.

Akshara rubbed her palms and carefully sectioned Shefali's hair. She poured the heated oil and massaged with her soft hands. Shefali closed her eyes and she felt relief surge through her.

Shefali: wow Akshara...

Akshara giggled.

Akshara: Accha lga na? Mimi kehti hai ki mere hatho me jaado hai....aur Kairav bhaiya bhi mujhe almost roz massage krwate they aur Abhi toh-

Akshara stopped, her cheeks redder than a whole tomato. Shefali laughed and teased her. Then she grew serious.

Shefali: I am sorry Akshara...Maine pehle jaise react kiya..

Akshara: Bhabhi maine sach me vo bhula diya hai...itni badi toh baat bhi nahi thi..

Shefali: Ye tumhari acchai hai pr...I have to say this. I am sorry for what I said because of it. I wasn't tired like you assumed. I wai..I-...I envy you Akshu..

Akshara: what? Why?

Shefali: why not? My own husband cannot stop gloating about you..

Akshara felt bad. She never wanted Shefali to face any comparison. She knew how it can eat up a person.

Akshara: I am so-

Shefali: Sorry mt kehna please. Tumhari kya galti hai isme...I get his point of view kahin na kahin. Tum sbse kitna pyaar krti ho..

Akshara: Pyaar to aap bhi krti ho na bhabhi..

Shefali: Haan pr mai kaam me reh jaati hoon....aur tum dekho kitna acche se balance kr leti ho...new department hai, uska kitna kaam hota hoga...upar se yahan bhi sab naya hai...Ghar, rishte, kaam...you balance it all..

Akshara: Bhabhi...mai..vo-

Shefali: Shh...tumhe kuch kehne hi zarurat nahi hai...You are being good, isme sharmane ka kya hai? .....Hmm- waise tum sach me massage acchi krti ho...braid bhi kr dogi?