-Chapter 24-

Dazai sat up as blood flowed from a cut on his head from the sudden hit on the wall, he grunted as it continued flowing down his forehead. However, his frown turned into a smirk as he reached for his shoe and took out a knife and broke the chains. Fyodor didn't check whether the chains were strong or not, it was rusted, therefore, making it weak. He sat on the bed and mumbled to himself "Should be very soon now..." Upon saying that, the door was kick open as someone stood on top of it. Dazai let out a grin and rejoiced "Chuuya! Just on time!" Yup! It was Chuuya, who replied lazily "You are creepy..how could you even plan this?"

Flashback...

Before Dazai and others attacked Fyodor's base, he met Chuuya privately and explained.

"Chuuya, I predict that Fyodor would be 5 steps ahead of us. He will try to kidnap both of us. Let that happen, Fyodor would knock us both out and will check on me first. When that happens, I will store as much time as I can and give you a chance to break out of the restraints before Fyodor injects the gift cancelling serum into you. That way, you can break us both out."

Chuuya was listening attentively but suddenly stop. "How do you know how much time you need to store?"

"Easy, I looked into your file in port mafia and....your best timing of waking up after getting knocked out is 1 hour and 5 minutes but....that's only by hitting the back of your neck. Getting injected by the serum, your time record should be 45 minutes. You are sure to wake up by then. I will keep track of time and give you a chance...got it?"

"Got it!"

Present...

Chuuya just smirked back and walked out of the room with Dazai following behind him. Using his ability to break the rest of the chains, Dazai rubbed his hand and continued "Well, let's get out of here!" Chuuya rolled his eyes and continued walking , checking out every door to check where the exit was. Dazai was just happily following behind while smiling cheekily. He was observing his surroundings and taking note of sound around of him. Just then, he heard a silent sound of someone  shutting the door and Chuuya didn't seem to realise it. He pulled Chuuya towards a room and they both hid in it. Chuuya was about to start scolding Dazai but got stopped by Dazai covering his mouth. Just then, a shadow walked by, whistling. By the sound of his boots touching the ground while that figure was walking, Dazai knew it was Fyodor and held his breath. Fyodor stopped in front of their door and turned to face the other door and walked in, shutting the door. Upon hearing that, Chuuya opened the door wanting to get out but got pulled back in by Dazai as he pointed to the ground. Looking at where Dazai was pointing at, his eyes widened slightly, there were small but sharp needle like objects on the ground in front of the s door. He stepped back a few steps but Dazai accidentally bumped into him causing Chuuya to stumble. Chuuya immediately used his ability to stop himself from hitting the ground as he floated up. Dazai sighed in relief as he carefully stepped over the sharp objects on the floor. After turning to a corner, Chuuya started "How are you that observant?"

"You are just not observant to the surrounding sounds..."

"So you are listening to sounds?"

"Yup! I knew that Fyodor put something on the ground because there was suddenly a light shadow reflected on the door gaps."

"You got to be kidding me...Where did you get that skill from?"

"I was just bored and started observing objects on my first few missions alone when I was still in port mafia and realised it helped me have an upper advantage and then it started from then."

"No wonder he was an executive before he turned 15..." Chuuya mumbled which was inaudible for Dazai as he continued walking. Just at that moment, a room caught his eye as he walked into it with a curious Dazai trailing behind. It was files and information on ability users. Dazai spotted something and saw Chuuya's eyes looking to where he was looking and immediately covered his eyes.

"What the hell! Shitty Dazai!" Chuuya growled as he removed Dazai's hand from his eyes. Dazai bit his own lip as he tried to turn Chuuya around to exit the room but Chuuya wasn't budging and continued looking through the shelves. Just then, he spotted something.

A5158---

Nakahara Chuuya---

Experiments...

Chuuya slightly tilted his head out of confusion as he used his ability to pull the file out but his ability was nullified by Dazai. The ginger turned his head to meet the brunette's serious eyes. "Chuuya...I advise you not to see what is inside that file..." Dazai mumbled loud enough for the ginger to hear. Chuuya wanted to spit outa retort but was stopped by sudden footsteps behind them. Both only saw a security guard enter the room and take his cup on the nearby table and left, closing the door behind him. Chuuya and Dazai who were frozen on the spot looked at each other with confused plastered on their faces. They suddenly heard a voice, "See that you guys need help, Dazai san and Nakahara kun." Both turned around to have their jaws dropped. "Nishida?" Chuuya was first to react as he walked in front of Nishida who was now taller than him. Dazai remembered that name but kept quiet. Nishida chuckled as he walked to Dazai and comment "Long time no see, Dazai san. Where did you go?" His voice was sarcastic at the second sentence of his speech. Dazai kept silent as Nishida sighed and told both to follow him. As Chuuya left the room first, Nishida glanced at Dazai and uttered, "Glad to see you..I missed you..." With that, he left. Dazai smiled slightly as he looked at the shelf behind him. "Thank god he didn't see that..." 

To be continued----