-Chapter 21-

"...Odasaku?" 

Turning to face the man Odasaku, Chuuya heard of that man before. One of the lower ranked port mafia's members who didn't kill. That was what Mori told him. But didn't he die years ago? Chuuya broke the ground below him and wanted to send it flying towards Oda but....with one touch, Dazai nullified his ability and the rocks fell to the ground. Chuuya's eyes widened as he looked at Dazai's dull eyes. "Oi Dazai! You okay?" Chuuya's tone started turning worried. Ango stepped in front of Dazai and Chuuya and sighed deeply, he too was scared. How could someone dead be alive? Unless....he was alive all along. They couldn't find his body, meant it either got crushed by the debris or he went missing. "Oda Sakunosuke....put up your hands in the air where I can see them!" However, 3 bullets came flying towards Ango whereas one shot over his head, the other at the right side of his neck and the last one in between his legs. All 3 bullets missed him. Fyodor looked from aside but thankfully thought it was just bad aiming. "Well, I will be off!" He announced as he turned to run. Chuuya stood up quickly to follow. 

When both were gone, Oda came forward to Dazai and Ango to hug them. Both were utterly shocked. Didn't he just shot r bullets at them? "Long time no see..." they both heard Oda softly say. Dazai was first to hug back followed by Ango who also hugged Oda tightly. The ADA members and Kouyou all felt touched by this scene. After a few seconds, Ango pulled back and demanded "Explanation!"

Oda looked at Ango with a apologetic expression and started explaining.

Flashback.

 Boom! A bullet shot Oda near the heart as he fell to the ground with a thud. The other man opposite of him was probably dead as Oda shot him in the heart. Oda was slowly bleeding out. The bullet surprisingly didn't hit any of his internal organs, however, it was too painful to move. Oda layer on the ground, staring at the brownish ceiling of the building and sighed. Suddenly, a voice came out of no where. "Do you really want to die?" Oda was shocked at the sudden voice and turned to see a stranger staring right back at him. "Who are you?"

"Just answer the question....."

"Honestly, no....I haven't live my life to the fullest yet. I have 2 friends waiting for me. One in a coma now. The other left but I still see him sometimes. I want to leave the port mafia and live my life normally..."

"Then,....come with me...I will help you heal that bullet wound but for one condition."

"What's that condition?"

"You become my guard until I don't need you anymore...."

Present

Dazai kicked a rock to the wall angrily after listening to the story. "I will shoot his head off myself!" Dazai hissed a evil aura surrounded him. Ango was stunned, they searched everywhere for the body and thought it got crushed as the building exploded and proclaimed him dead. But that stupid Fyodor saved him....Just at this moment Kunikida spoke up. "Sorry to disturb your talk. First of all, Chuuya is still chasing Fyodor and Dazai,.....all of us ADA members want to ask you something.."

"Ask away!" Dazai replied.

"Were your once with port mafia?"

Dazai stepped a few steps back but regained his composure.

"What makes you think that?"

"Well, first of all, your boyfriend is Chuuya. Second of all, you know Ango. Third of all, you knew how to call Kouyou to help us out in saving Chuuya back then. Fourth of all, you know this person called Oda. And last of all, you know quite a lot about Port mafia that even some of us don't even know."

Silence filled the room. The ADA members saw Dazai still calm and composed but the aura he gave out was menacing. His eyes also narrowed as it turned red. All ADA members gulped down hard. Who knew the joking Dazai could be this scary. After a few more seconds of silence, Dazai replied.

"You're right...I was in port mafia but Ango cleared that off my list so that I could be selected to go into ADA."

All the ADA members were shocked. I mean, they suspected but they didn't think Dazai was going to agree so easily. Ango looked down while Oda's eyes widened in shock. Dazai took up his advice and helped people?

Kouyou then spoke up. "That's not all....This boy I've here.."she pointed at Dazai who was looking away. "Was one of port mafia's executive. He was the prodigy in port mafia. He made all the plans. Youngest and most feared mafia executive was what people called him..." all the ADA members looked at Dazai who was now glaring at Kouyou as he turned around deciding to follow Chuuya as he ran off with Oda following close behind. Ango signalled for his surbodinates to follow Dazai and Oda and they ran off. Before following, Ango turned to face the stunned ADA members and told them in a cold tone. "I hope after learning this fact, you will still accept Dazai...he really wants to change..." with that sentence, he left. All the ADA members couldn't move from their spot. Who would've known,  Dazai was a port mafia executive. He could be a spy for all they know. Kouyou patted Kunikida on the shoulder "It's okay if you can't believe that Dazai is a port mafia executive but you went through so much together. Trust him and forgive him." Kouyou walked away and left the ADA members deep in thought. Atsushi face palmed himself and ran ahead of the others, Kyouka upon seeing that followed. The rest of the ADA members understood what Atsushi was saying and followed.

It doesn't matter whether one of their members was once port mafia executive, he left to change and turn over a new leaf. They should understand that and give him a chance. Dazai was their friend anyways.