Short Story: My Bestfriend is a Simp

I'm sorry for the long absence, everyone. I've been busy with my studies lately. I barely had any time to write. My writing skills might've deteriorated, so please bear with me.

I'd like to thank you guys for taking the time to read this fanfic. I appreciate every read and vote. Thank you.

Hopefully, I'll try my best to upload a chapter every now and then. It depends.

And without further ado, here we go!

1710 Words.

________________________________________________________________________________

It's two days until the midterm. Today was break time, so I stood up and left the classroom. Ryoma invited me to check out the new ice cream store in Keyaki Mall, so I went with him in order to get some ice cream.

"Hehe~, we're going to check out this baby right here!"

Ryoma took out a flyer about the new ice cream store from his blazer.

According to the flyer, if you buy from their store for the first time, you will receive an additional ice cream of your choice. In addition, your first purchase will be discounted by 30%.

Walking around Keyaki Mall, we finally found the ice cream store.

Entering, I saw there were a few people in line.  It looks like a win for us because we can already order some ice cream.

"So... what would you like to get?"

"I'll take the chocolate ice cream."

"Boring. How about you try something else? Have you tried garlic-flavored ice cream?"

"There's actually a garlic-flavored ice cream?"

"Why? Are you curious to try it? You might reg-"

"I'll try it."

I answered as we stared into each other's eyes. Ryoma looked surprised.

I sat at the table near the entrance while he went in line to order.

While waiting, another person entered the store. A girl, with mid-back length silver hair tied with black ribbons behind it, was with a Pokemon named Swablu sitting in her head.

Swablu is very friendly and unafraid of humans. As a result, it frequently perches on people's heads like a fluffy hat.

"We're here, Swablu."

She patted its wings, light and fluffy like cottony clouds. Her eyes wandered around and directed at me, but then turned her head to the line... although only Ryoma and two other girls were in line.

The ice cream store was still new, that's why there were only a few customers.

A few seconds later, she went to the line probably to order some ice cream like us. Then, another girl entered the store.

I remember her.

That's none other than the Class B student, Ichinose.

Is she going to get some ice cream as well?

She walked toward the two girls in line. Two girls greeted her. It seems like they get along with Ichinose. Her friends, perhaps?

Wait, who am I kidding? She's the same girl who stopped the commotion back in the library during our study sessions. Of course, she's the type to get along well with other people.

And now that I think about it, Ryoma has been eyeing her lately.

Is he a simp for Ichinose?

Just like how Ike was head over heels for Kushida, like a simp described by Ryoma, then is he one of them?