V1.C8.4: Hide on a Vending Machine

I couldn't get to sleep. I decided to go up and left to buy some juice.

That's because a particular friend of mine is still awake.

"Oh my God, you're so bad at playing Yasuo! What the fuck are those moves?!"

Apparently, Ryoma is, once again, playing League of Legends, at night. Apparently, he was grinding for Challenger Rank. He wanted to get there as soon as possible so that he can only focus on his life here at this school.

On a side note, his voice is as loud as a Loudred. Our neighbors would've filed charges against this guy if he doesn't stop thrashing around.

Sigh. I got up and left to buy some juice from the lobby's vending machine.

I was about to head back for the elevator, But...

"Hmm?"

I could see that the elevator had stopped on the seventh floor. 

Curious, I decided to check out the CCTV, which showed what was happening inside the elevator car. I saw Horikita, still dressed in her school uniform.

"Well, I don't really need to hide, but..."

Seeing her might be awkward right now, so I hid behind the vending machine. Horikita arrived at the first floor.

Looking wary of her surroundings, she exited the building. After she'd vanished into the night, I decided to follow after her. 

However, I instinctively hid again after I turned the corner.

Horikita stopped in her tracks. I sensed another person was with her.

"Suzune. I didn't think you'd follow me this far," he said.

Had she left in the dead of night to rendezvous with some guy?

"Hmph. I'm far different from the useless girl you once knew, nii-san. I came here to catch you."

"Catch me, hmm?"

Matte...

Nii-san? In the dark, I couldn't see the person she was talking to. 

Was she meeting her older brother?

"I heard you were placed in Class D. I suppose nothing has really changed in the last three years. You've always been fixated on following me, and as a result, you don't notice your own flaws. Even your Pokemon was suffering the consequences. Choosing to come to this school was a mistake."

"That's... You're wrong about that. I'll show you how much I've improved as a Trainer. I'll reach Class A right away, then—"

"It's pointless. You will never reach Class A. In fact, your class might fall apart soon enough. Things at this school aren't as simple as you think."

"I will definitely, definitely reach—"

"I told you, it's pointless. You really are a disobedient little sister."

Horikita's brother stepped closer to her. From my hiding spot, I could see him plainly.

It was the Student Council President Horikita. 

He displayed no hint of emotion. It was like he was staring at an uninteresting object. 

He grabbed his younger sister by the wrist and pushed her against the wall. However, she didn't resist.

"No matter how I try to avoid you, the fact remains that you're my little sister. If people around here learned the truth, I would be humiliated. Leave this school immediately."