Chapter 99: Full of Surprises

I wanted to update yesterday because it was mine and Rosalia's birthday but I had classes so I couldn't. So, we'll make today's update a chapter in honor of Miss Rosi's birthday! She'd be 55 if she was real. Happy late birthday to our homegirl and to me! 🥳

-

-

Juarez LaRusso House

Rosalía yawns as she makes her way into the kitchen. She just woke up a few minutes ago and would've preferred to stay in bed but her stomach is demanding food. She goes straight to the fridge and opens it, scanning the contents inside before deciding to grab a few eggs. While she shuffles over to the cabinet to fetch a pan, her husband wanders in. A grin forms on the man's face as he quietly sneaks up behind the woman. He snakes his arms around her waist, resting his head on her shoulder.

The corners of Rosalía's lips curl up, electricity running through her body due to her husband's touch. "Morning, my love," Daniel's husky voice whispers as he sends the woman an enamored grin. "Morning," Rosalía returns before turning around in the man's arms. Both their smiles brighten when they come face to face. Rosalía wraps her arms around her husband's neck, pulling him into a sweet kiss. When they eventually break the kiss, they just beam, admiring each other's beautiful features. "Were you about to make breakfast?" Daniel pipes up, looking at the pan on the counter.

"Oh, yeah. My hunger woke me up," his wife responds, lightly chuckling. "Mmm, don't worry about it. I'll make it," the man suggests, letting go of the woman to grab the pan and necessary ingredients. "Oh, no, mi amor, it's okay. I can do it," Rosalía argues before her husband quickly chimes in. "I know you can but I just wanna make some breakfast for my wife. You're not gonna... deny me the joy of spoiling you, right?" he counters, playfully narrowing his eyes on the last question. The woman chuckles and shakes her head.

"Well, I'd never want to take away your joy," she jokes back, making them both chuckle. "Thank you, amor," she adds, pecking the man's cheek. Daniel only grins, just a peck on the cheek from his wife is enough to make his whole day. All of a sudden, Rosalía's phone begins ringing. She goes over to the table to grab her phone, immediately answering the call when she sees that it's her mother. "Hi, mami," she greets. "Hola, hija. Mira, estoy llamando porque quería saber si está con vos el cipote [Hi, daughter. Look, I'm calling because I wanted to know if the kid is with you]," Mayra claims, getting straight to the point.

Worry instantly floods through Rosalía's body. "Quien [who]? Robby?" she questions. Daniel's ears perk up upon hearing that name, making him stop what he's doing to approach his wife. "Si. El estuvo aquí anoche pero se ha de haber escapado cuando estábamos dormidos porque el ya no está. Hasta se llevo todas sus cosas, fíjate. [Yes. He was here last night but he must've escaped when we were asleep because he's not here anymore. He even took all of his things]," the old woman explains. By her tone of voice, Rosalía can tell that her mother is not amused by Robby's actions.

Noticing her concerned expression, Daniel eagerly mouths, "what's she saying?" Rosalía moves the phone away from her ear to put it on speaker so he can hear as well. "Robby ran away," she states, which alarms the man. "What??" he reacts. He knew the boy would likely do something like this but that doesn't mean he's not worried sick. "Y no dejó una nota o algo así? [And he didn't leave a note or anything like that?]" the dark-haired woman questions. "No. No dejó nada, nomás se fue [No. He didn't leave anything, he just left]," Mayra answers.

Rosalía and Daniel share a worried look. Rosalía had hoped that Robby would stay with her parents... but the boy decided to go a different route. She hates the thought of him roaming the streets all alone. She just wishes for the boy to be alright. She doesn't know what to do now. How do you help someone who doesn't want to be helped?