Chapter 95: Mother Has Spoken

Sylmar Juvenile Detentions

As soon as Daniel puts the car in park, Rosalía wastes no time in pushing the door open and climbing out. She hasn't seen Robby in a while since she wasn't allowed to, she was only able to reach him over the phone a few times. So, it's safe to say she's eager to receive him when he walks through those doors. Daniel quickly shuts off the engine and rushes out of the vehicle, jogging on the wet ground to catch up to his wife. "Love, slow down! Wait for me!" he calls. Rosalía slows her pace, allowing the man to catch up.

"Sorry, it's just– I've been waiting for this day," she apologizes. Her husband nods in understanding, setting his hand on the small of her back. "I know. I know, me too," he responds, rubbing her back. It feels like they waited forever but the day is finally here. Robby is finally free from this place. They climb up the steps as they near the building, relieved that the roof is now shielding them from the rain. However, they abruptly halt when they lift their heads and spot a certain blonde in front of them.

Johnny pushes the button on the buzzer before grabbing the handle to open the door. Upon realizing that it's locked, he uses both hands to pull on the handles and try to force the doors open. Rosalía glances at her husband worriedly, knowing how upset he is with Johnny due to a recent discovery. Daniel gives the blonde a dirty look, aggravated by his presence. He turns to his wife, seeing the strict look on her face. He clenches his fists and takes a deep breath to calm down, trying to act like Mr. Miyagi would.

Rosalía shifts her eyes to Johnny and speaks up, "it's locked." The blonde turns his head upon hearing her voice and stops trying to open the doors. "They'll buzz it open when he's on his way out," the woman informs him. Johnny didn't expect to see the couple here yet he's not too surprised, knowing how much they care for his son. He sends Rosalía a polite nod in acknowledgment before flickering his eyes to Daniel as he takes a few steps toward them. "You gotta be kidding, they called you?" he irritatedly spits.

"We called them," the woman answers before her husband could. A fight is less likely to break out if she does all the talking. She's always known that Johnny cared for her and was more willing to listen to her... Now she knows why. She still can't believe that he's loved her all this time. She would've thought that in all that time apart, he would've forgotten about her. His distaste for Daniel makes more sense now. The difference in how he treats her husband and how he treats her makes more sense now. However, she wonders if he still feels this way toward her.

As far as she knows, he had something going with Carmen until she pushed him away after the school brawl. Rosalía thought they had great chemistry when she saw them at the Mexican restaurant. He's got to be over her now... right? Daniel, on the other hand, is too consumed by the idea of Johnny being in love with his wife that he hasn't considered that the blonde may have moved on. Even when Selena voiced her opinion on that, he didn't listen. To him, it feels like they're back in high school.

He remembers perfectly how Johnny tormented him because he wanted Rosalía back. And now he discovers that the blonde never got over her... This is a nasty repetition of history and he's not having it. "With Shannon still in rehab, we just wanted to make sure someone was here to pick him up," he coldly pipes up. His wife takes note of the slight harshness in his tone. Johnny steps a little closer, glaring at the tan man. "Well, I'm here, aren't I?" he quips. Daniel rolls his eyes, not bothering to hide his irritation.

"I'm not looking for any trouble. I'm just here for Robby," he dryly replies. "Robby doesn't need you. You've done enough. Thank you, goodbye," Johnny fires back, waving his hand to hint at the other man to leave. He used to believe that Robby was safe in the Juarez LaRusso household because he was under Rosalía's care, but Daniel was there too so of course his son got screwed over. If it was just Rosalía, Selena, and the other kids, he'd feel much better about it if Robby wanted to go back. "Johnny–" the woman commences before her husband interrupts.