Chapter 17: She'll Always Be Special

Rosalía struts across the showroom when she spots the kid she recently hired, Robby Keene, at the popcorn machine. She approaches him and asks, "Hey, Robby. How's it going so far? You doing okay?" The boy glances up, spotting the smiling woman beside him. He politely grins at her. "Hi, Mrs. LaRusso- or Mrs. Juarez LaRusso?" he voices, unsure of what to call her. 

"Either one is fine. Mrs. Juarez, Mrs. J, Mrs. JL, whatever you're comfortable with," the woman sweetly assures him. Robby nods. "Okay, and yeah, I'm doing fine," he answers her initial question. "Cool! Keep up the good work. I think I made the right choice in hiring you," she compliments, smiling kindly at him before walking off.

A genuine smile dances on Robby's lips. He hasn't received rewarding words for anything by anyone in a while. It feels good. I can see why my dad's obsessed with her, he thinks, already admiring her kindness. He doesn't know the whole story. He's only heard his mother gossiping about how Daniel LaRusso beat Johnny in a tournament and dated his ex, whose name was Rosalía. She theorizes that Johnny is still in love with her.

Basically, everyone in the Valley knows about the power couple: Daniel and Rosalía, so it wasn't difficult to figure out that they're the same Daniel and Rosalía his mother talked about. Knowing how much his father hates Daniel, Robby thinks that working for him is a great way to get back at his dad. Rosalía being one of his bosses is too perfect. He's working under his dad's childhood enemy and old flame, that's gotta sting so bad.

His thoughts are interrupted when Anoush suddenly appears, grabbing a bucket of popcorn. He pops a piece into his mouth before commenting, "needs salt." Robby ignores his comment. He sees another employee pass by sporting a personalized shirt. "Hey, when do you think I might get one of those shirts with my name on it?" he asks. "Oh, you like the shirts, huh?" Anoush remarks, to which the boy nods. They suddenly notice Louie's presence and turn to see him trying the popcorn. "There's too much salt," he opines, scrunching up his face. Anoush informs him that Robby wants a personalized shirt and the two start teasing him.

Robby dismisses the topic, annoyed by the mockery. Louie decides to mess with him, pretending to help him out. He suggests that Robby move the Porsche 911 up by the window and hands him the key. The boy accepts the task and takes the key, believing that this will score him points with his bosses. He strides up to the Porsche and hops into the driver's seat. He starts the engine, excitement coursing through his veins when he hears it roar. Everybody gasps upon hearing this, startled. Robby grins when the engine revs again and Daniel suddenly runs out of his office. Rosalía rushes out of hers, curious about the noise.

"Woah! Woah! What the hell is the matter with you?!" Daniel yells as he approaches the car. Robby's head snaps to him and he rapidly turns off the car, scrambling to get out. "Starting a car in a crowded showroom? What, are you out of your mind??" the man scolds him. Robby gawks at him as he climbs out of the car, utterly bewildered. "What were you thinking?" Daniel questions. Robby's eyes land on Rosalía, who's behind her husband. She probably regrets hiring me now. He turns to look at Louie skeptically, seeing him snickering. That's when he discovers he was punked. "Screw this," he frustratedly voices before storming off. Daniel just gives him a confused look before turning to Louie.

Louie's still laughing and shrugs when Daniel glances at him. That's when he realizes his cousin is at fault before he decides to go after Robby. "Everything's fine, guys! It's alright, nothing to worry about," Rosalía announces with a smile. She turns around to go back to her office, giving Louie a dirty look and waving her hand as if to say: what the hell, dude, as she walks. Amanda follows after her. When she passes by Louie, she hisses, "this is why I divorced you."

Anoush snorts at this, making Louie hit his shoulder. Amanda enters Rosalía's office and releases a deep breath. "Why did you ever marry him??" Rosalía asks with a displeased face. Amanda has an ashamed look on her face. "I don't know, I might've been drunk," she responds before plopping down into one of the chairs. Rosalía slowly nods her head. Makes sense. Amanda is so level-headed and mature compared to Louie, she's not surprised it didn't work out.