Chapter 50: Look at You, Sensei

Just checking on y'all after that last chapter 🤧

-

-

Miyagi-Do Dojo

Rosalía and Daniel stand in the backyard, scanning the trashed area sadly. It truly hurts that a bunch of snot-nosed teenagers damaged Mr. Miyagi's home– their home– for revenge or because it's "cool." They sigh as they glance around before turning to each other. "Well, we've got a lot of work to do," the woman breathes out. Daniel nods and mutters, "yeah." Just then, Aaliyah and Xavier exit the house with trash bags in their hands. "We got the bags," the girl announces as they approach their parents. The couple turns around and thanks them as they take a bag from them.

They all start to take down all the toilet paper littered everywhere. "What are Adrian and Camila doing?" Daniel asks his two eldest. "They're cleaning. Selena's making sure," Aaliyah informs him. The parents nod in approval. They brought the whole family to help clean up the mess. Aaliyah and Xavier are in the back while Selena, Robby, Camila, and Adrian are cleaning up inside. The two youngest were reluctant to help but their parents didn't give them a choice. One's never too young to clean or to help the family out.

*Time skip*

Sam and Demetri showed up to help fix up the dojo. Adrian and Camila finished cleaning what they were told to clean and are now playing a game on Rosalía's phone while she, Aaliyah, and Xavier help Daniel repot some plants. Meanwhile, the four karate students are gathered around the big rock trying to lift it. They all strain as they use all their strength to lift it but it barely does anything. "Listen, about the other night..." Robby whispers to Sam, catching Selena's attention. "Nothing happened. So there's no reason to feel uncomfortable, right?" the blue-eyed girl replies. Robby looks disappointed by this. "Right. Exactly," he agrees.

Selena stays silent, just quirking her eyebrow. Sam slept over on the night of the mall fight and Aaliyah told Selena that she and Xavier accidentally walked in on Sam and Robby about to kiss. Then, Sam came up to her room and gave her the details about what happened. Then of course, the following morning, Robby told Selena his side of the story. The fact that I know all the drama and I wasn't even in the room when it happened, she thinks, subtly grinning. They all try to lift one more time before giving up to breathe. "Are you guys lifting? Because I feel like I'm doing nothing here," Demetri speaks up.

"Yeah, I was using my super strength. Why, is it not working?" Selena says with a serious tone and face. Demetri gives her a look while Sam lightly chuckles. In the background, Daniel and Rosalía hear this and chuckle. "Oh, yeah, she's definitely your daughter," the man tells his wife. She's got her mother's humor, he thinks. "Yup," Rosalía responds smugly. Robby shakes his head as he stares at the rock in frustration. "Forget it. Alright? It's too heavy, we're gonna need a forklift," he comments. "How'd they even knock it over?" Sam questions. Selena shrugs. "Teamwork?" she suggests.