I nodded after a pause, almost forgetting that they hadn't seen her to begin with and so probably had no idea who they were supposed to be fighting off anyway.

Come to think of it, how were they already here?
I looked at Damon.
"I mind linked them as soon as she stepped in. I knew something wasn't right."
Damon knew.

He knew from the very beginning, but I didn't. Or I just refused to see. See what was right in front of me. Ugh!

What was she even doing here in the first place?
Why go through all those months of deceiving us, to gain what exactly?

Then I paused.

Of course.

"It isn't over." The words came out breathy, my anger momentarily quelled as realization began to dawn on me.

My brain started to connect the dots, something I haven't done in a while now it seems. But now things started to make sense, and I almost wish they didn't.

Catching unto my sudden change in mood Damon turned to face me.
"What isn't over?"

"The sacrifice." My chest started feeling tight, and I was beginning to feel very hot.
I was suddenly so out of breath that I'm not even sure what I sounded like.

But he heard me. And he caught on immediately.

Turning away from me, he started to instruct his men.
"Secure all the borders, I want you to conduct a full on search for Sarah, also inspect everyone's arms for any indication of scarring. Her scratch wounds don't heal. Report everything back to me."

"Alpha, what is she?"

There was a slight pause.

"We don't know."

And with that they just nodded and they left.

Because in truth, we didn't know. We didn't know what she was.
But I had an inkling now.

Now that the room had been conveniently cleared and we were alone, he turned his attention back to me.

"Are you talking about the-"

"Yes, the east end witch one." I didn't even let him finish.
It was out there.
Again.

For some reason, which seemed beyond me, after the event had passed we forgot about this whole ordeal altogether.
But we shouldn't have.

In fact wasn't that why-
"That's what Evelyn went to find out."
I said in a rushed breath.

It was only fitting that I was begining to feel the onslaught of a headache. Months and months of unorganised and clipped thoughts, suddenly all making their way to forefront of my brain. So many things unseen.

"What do you mean?"

"When I left. Why I left." That voice came from behind us, towards the door.
Evelyn and Sorayah had stepped in, Marcus and Jerome following close behind.

"Alpha, we have already checked them for any scars, they seem not to have any." Marcus said, keeping a cautious eye on the two ladies.

Evelyn stood in front of us, looking exactly how she always looked like. But then, so did she earlier this evening when she wasn't her.

"I understand Alpha Adriane, what must be done." Sorayah stepped forward, stretching her hands towards me.

Even without scars, we had to make extra sure that Sarah wasn't anywhere here. But even as Sorayah approached me, I knew she wasn't Sarah, and yet still I cut her anyway.
I didn't trust myself anymore. Not just yet.