Chapter 10

Kelly woke up to the sun filtering through the curtains. His eyes got accustomed to the light and his surroundings. He noticed that he wasn't in his room but smiled brightly earring the soft snores coming from beside him. He turned to face the man sleeping next to him, watching him with adoring eyes. Unable to restrain himself, he leaned in to steal a kiss from his wonderful boyfriend. Heart racing, he smiled, recalling last night's events.

                  / Flashback /

The brand new couple stayed on the bench for a while, in pure bliss, lost in each other, savouring the moment. Overwhelmed with feelings, The two men were still in disbelief of what has happened to them, and how their lives have changed for the better in the short time they have known each other. They strongly hoped that what started on that day at Molly's lasts for a very long time.

A sudden gust of cold wind blew and brought the couple back to Earth. It was getting late and cold. They realised then how long they have been sitting there.

" It's getting cold. " Kelly remarked, tightening his grip on Jay.

" Mhm. We should go back now." Jay agreed, snuggling closer in Kelly's arms. They had no intention of breaking their embrace. Kelly finally found it in him to move after a while and got up, pulling Jay with him.

" Come on, we can continue when we get home," Kelly said, smiling, and Jay smiled brightly at the mention of his apartment as home.

" Continue what exactly?..." Jay asked, with playful eyes filled with joy and a certain intensity.

Caught off guard for a second, Kelly laughed a little before saying.
" Anything you want. Now stop talking and let's go."

" What?! That's not enough. You need to be more specific." Jay replied, deciding to annoy his boyfriend.

" Stop it and concentrate! you're the one driving." Kelly playfully scolded, pushing a laughing Jay towards the car.
They spent the drive home bickering back and forth with Jay teasing Kelly relentlessly. It was very pleasant for both of them.

They arrived after a short while and made their way to the apartment. They were softly laughing at a funny anecdote Kelly told while Jay was opening the door, but there was a sudden change in the atmosphere as soon as they made it inside the apartment.

Kelly quietly closed the door behind him and took a deep breath. Feeling those eyes on him, Jay smiled softly.

" So...are we continuing where we left off?" He asked, closing the space between them.

" Continuing with Whatever I want as you said?" He said, lowering his voice to a whisper.

Kelly pulled him closer and whispered softly.
" What do you want?"
" You."

With an iron grip on each other, hearts racing, lips inches apart, eyes full of want and love and sincerity. The world stood still at that moment. Nothing else mattered but them.
That night, they discovered what it felt like to share a night of passion with the one you truly love. Every fantasy, dream, and craving bottled up during the time they couldn't see each other was realised in one unforgettable night.

                  / Flashback /

Kelly was almost done with making breakfast when he heard the shower running. Jay was finally up.
He left the room nearly two hours ago, deciding to jump in the shower and prepare food before he gets trapped by memories of the night before and stays in bed all day with his amazing boyfriend.
He thought he did well because he was starving when he woke up, and Jay must be too. He started setting the table seen as the shower stopped. He was excited to see him.

He woke up feeling rejuvenated. He was still a little drained but great at the same time. Then he smiled and blushed, remembering last night's events.
It was everything he imagined and much more. Kelly was so caring, gentle, loving, and passionate that just thinking about it took his breath away. It was the most amazing night ever, and he strongly hoped that there'll be many more nights like that for them.
He turned, expecting to see his boyfriend, but the spot next to him was empty. A small panic started to settle but was quickly appeased by the noise and smell coming from the kitchen. Kelly was making breakfast for them. With a permanent smile on his face, he went to take a quick shower.

The clock read 10h50. When Jay made it to the dining table and saw Kelly standing with his phone in hand. The firefighter lifted his head from his phone and gave that brilliant smile of his. They met halfway, engulfing each other in a tight hug as if they didn't just sleep in the same bed all night. Breakfast was forgotten for now as they were too entranced by the other.
A few minutes went by during which the new couple kissed till their lungs couldn't take it anymore.

" How was my baby's night?" Kelly asked after a while.

" Wonderful.....because of you. "
Jay whispered the last part before giving a chaste kiss, which earned him a bright smile from his boyfriend.

" But you weren't there when I woke up." He continued pouting a little.
Kelly laughed happily, kissing his cheek.

" Sorry, but I wanted you to have something to eat when you're up. I'm sure you must be starving as I am."

" Right. And you're more wonderful than I thought." Jay said, giving him another kiss.

"  Come eat first. We can continue with the kissing later." Kelly said, guiding a laughing Jay to the dining table.

Halfway through their breakfast, Kelly said.
" How about I show you the loft today? Shay will be there so you guys can meet properly. Unless, of course, you have something else to attend to."

" No worries, I'm good to go. I'll love to see where you live and I can't miss the chance to hear all the dirt she has on you."

" Why did I even.....you know what? she does, and I'm sure Mouse will have some dirt on you for me as well."

" Oh, so it's an eye for an eye then?"

" Absolutely."

Jay laughed softly and suggested.
" How about this: we don't ask for any dirt, but if she or he shares some, we take it."

" Give me a kiss, and it's a deal."
Jay leaned in and kissed him.

" We have a deal. We'll leave at 2 or 3." Kelly said as they resumed eating.

After their meal, Jay insisted on clearing the table and cleaning the dishes after practically dragging his boyfriend to sit on the couch. He then joined Kelly on the couch. Where they cuddled, simply enjoying the peaceful moment. The two men only let go of the other after having extended the cuddling/makeout session for another two hours. They ended up leaving at 4 instead of the planned 2 or 3.

Shay was checking again, making sure that everything was ready for the little hangout with Kelly and Jay. She was excited to properly meet the man who has changed the life of her bestfriend for the better. She had the beer, the pizza and the dessert ready. She was just waiting for them, noticing that they were an hour late when the bell rang.
This is going to be fun.