Chapter 8

There was a peaceful silence in the room. Only soft snores could be heard coming from the men on the couch.
Kelly and Jay were laying on the couch practically glued together, with no intention of letting go even in their sleep.
The two men were lured into sleep by the warmth and comfort they brought each other.
Kelly fell asleep first, the exhaustion finally catching up with him, his shift was slow in the day but hectic in the night. Jay spent a while looking at him, admiring him while he was sleeping till he fell asleep himself.

It was the ringtone of a phone that woke Jay up. Luckily, it was just on the table so he was able to move carefully without disturbing Kelly's sleep. He needs it. He thought while picking up his phone.

" Hey man, what's up?" He spoke quietly.

" Nothing really. I just wanted to hear from you.  How are you doing?" Mouse asked.

" Everything is ok. I'm with Kelly, I was just about to order lunch. You?"
He replied looking at the time, noticing that they slept for quite some time.

" I figured you would be with him. I'm good, just work as usual, it has been a bit calm since that messy case and we miss you but enough about that. How is your soldier of fire?" Mouse asked not missing an occasion to tease him.

" He's fine. He had a 24h shift so he's out on the couch." He answered, stroking Kelly's cheek softly. " I'll be there on Monday. You can survive without me for a bit."

" I can do that. I got to go but I'll call you later. Tell him I said hi and let's meet some other time." Mouse said.

" I will. Talk to you later. Alright."
Jay replied before hanging up. He made sure to be very quiet as he ordered the food. He was unable to move since Kelly wouldn't let go of him.

Kelly was woken up by the knock on the door. He heard Jay talking quietly to someone at the door for a bit. That's when his eyes opened and he saw Jay closing the door carefully.

" Hey! Did you have a good nap?"

Jay said noticing he was awake, placing the food on the table. He could only nod as he was yawning and stayed sprawled on the couch. Jay laughed at his laziness and went to the kitchen coming back with two beers. Kelly was sitting up when he sat next to him.

" How long was I out?" He asked after a few minutes, the time for him to fully wake up.

" Maybe more than two hours I think."
Jay said handing him a beer.

" Sorry about that. Work was slow in the day but a nightmare at night."
Kelly said, taking his hand and squeezing it. He squeezed his hand back reassuring.

" There's nothing to be sorry about. I understand and I fell asleep too." And he kissed him on the cheek. They smiled brightly at each other for a bit before being attracted by the smell of the pizzas.

" Let's eat 'cause I'm starving" Jay said and he nodded.

They were just finishing eating when Kelly suggested.

" why don't we go for a walk. And after,  you can come back here to get ready and I'll go back home to do the same and come pick you up."

" That's fine by me." Jay replied.

" I forgot to ask, where are we going exactly?" He asked. And as he expected, Kelly didn't give him anything besides a shake of his head.

" Rude!"

He accused shoving him a little as Kelly laughed at his antics.
They stayed on the couch for a while after lunch before going out to walk around the neighbourhood. And Jay made sure to show Kelly everything: the gym, the bakery, his running spot and so on. They walked around for a while before parting ways at Kelly's car but not before a tight hug and a quick kiss.