Chapter 2

Starting on his second cup of coffee already at only six in the morning, Kelly sighed loudly. Sighing has really become his thing lately. And sleepless nights have become his new normal. All because of you.
Kelly was not surprised by the sudden want to know how Jay woke up that morning, how he was doing, did he sleep soundly last night. I have really become obsessed with this man and that since the day I met him.

He still remembers that day vividly. Because The day he met Jay Halstead something happened that changed his life. They met just about 3 weeks ago at Molly's.
It was his day off after his night shift so he offered to help Hermann in any way he could. And Hermann took advantage of that by having him unload everything Otis and him had bought in the morning. So after finishing with unloading and helping with cleaning around, Hermann told him that anything he takes that day would be on the house.

So he was sitting at a secluded booth, enjoying his free beer when he saw him coming through the door. He froze halfway through his inner battle of ordering another beer. His heart started running a marathon, his eyes couldn't stop staring and then he heard his voice ordering the same beer as him. The man's voice caused him to take a deep breath which helped him come back to Earth. Who the hell is this man. I need to get closer.
So he stood and made his way to the counter where the man was sitting waiting for his beer. Kelly took a long and good look at the man as he neared him: he was fairly tall, well built, and he had brown hair. Then the barman gave him his beer just when Kelly reached the counter. Noticing someone next to him, the man took his beer and turned towards Severide. The man simply smiled at him and Kelly found himself lost in his green eyes and smile.
Kelly swore he could stay like that forever but he needed to say something, anything. Come on man! Wake up. So he finally found it in him to speak up.

" Severide, Kelly Severide" he managed to say while extending his hand

"Jay Halstead" the man replied while shaking his hand. Kelly felt the electricity when their skin came in contact and he wondered if he felt it too.
To his displeasure, he didn't get to spend much time with Jay. The latter got an urgent phone call only a couple of minutes after they introduced themselves and he had to leave.
And since that day, Kelly Severide hasn't stopped thinking about him. Jay Halstead is always on his mind day and night.

Coming back to the present, Severide resisted taking a third cup of coffee. He sighed again. On the same day he met Jay, he also learnt that he was a cop working at the intelligence unit. And going by what Gabby told him, they were in the middle of handling a particularly complex case these past few weeks, a case which demanded their full attention. So it explained why he hadn't been able to catch a glimpse of Jay anywhere and why he couldn't sleep at night. You see, Kelly Severide was convinced that if he could see Jay and talk to him, his mind would be at ease and so he could finally sleep at night. How can you miss someone you only met for two minutes? It's possible because I do miss him.

I miss him. I know it sounds pathetic but I miss him. I know it doesn't make any sense for someone I only greeted but I do.
Jay was sitting on the sofa at a safe-house somewhere outside Chicago. He was to lay low until every last piece about this case was sorted out. This was a precautionary measure since he played a major role in solving the case. So Voight ordered him to stay put for at least a week.
He was watching a football game but his mind was invaded by images of a man with stunning blue eyes and a brilliant smile. And like always, thinking about his smile made him automatically smile. He remembers that day like it only happened yesterday. The day he met Kelly Severide at Molly's.

He recalls that he needed a drink that afternoon to calm himself a little. They had a case pretty early in the morning. A classic murder case. But what started as a common murder case derailed into something worst involving gangs, cartels, spies, the FBI, the CIA and even the military. it was going to be a huge mess. So Voight gave them the rest of the day off to relax and prepare for the next few weeks.
And Jay was going to relax with a stone-cold beer. As he entered the bar, his eyes, as if they had a mind of their own, automatically set on the man sitting at the booth in the back. Shrugging his shoulders, Jay made his way to the counter and ordered a beer. As he waited, he could feel that man's eyes on him and a pleasant shiver ran through his body. What the hell! He noticed the man stand up and start making his way towards him. The man was already next to him when the barman gave him his beer so he turned to face him. He is sure his heart skipped numerous beats as he saw the most beautiful man on Earth. Stunning blue eyes with a brilliant smile and so he didn't even notice that he too was smiling. A pure and sincere smile, the first in a long while. Jay was sure that he could stare at this man forever but it was a soft but strong voice that woke him up.

"Severide, Kelly Severide," the man said while presenting his hand for a shake. Jay was further grounded by his surprisingly soft voice.

"Jay Halstead" as he shook that man's hand, he surely felt the electricity while their skin touched. Did he feel it too?
Only a minute went by when his phone rang. As predicted, the case was so messy that their day off was cancelled and he needed to go ASAP.
He remembers saying a quick goodbye to Kelly, putting some cash on the counter and he was gone.

It has nearly been three weeks since that day but Kelly has never left his thoughts. Even when he was in the line of fire, he thought of him. Now he understands where the restless nights were coming from. I am sure sleeping would be much easier If I could see him and talk to him.
He only needed to hold on for a bit. And when his out of here, he'll make sure to have the longest conversation with Kelly.