Chapter 7

It was 7:43 in the morning and Jay was busy tidying around his apartment.
He wasn't really a messy guy thanks to the army's discipline, so his home was always presentable. And it was more like an automatism because he has never really set his mind on cleaning anything. However, yesterday night he slept with the idea of making the apartment spotless in the morning. Normally, he wouldn't give a dam. Surely not if it was Mouse or Will who was coming but the person he has invited is very special to him so everything had to shine.

As he was cleaning around, he thought of the events of yesterday. They stayed for more than an hour on that bench. Eating and talking about everything until Shay came out calling Kelly because the captain was looking for him. That's when they said their goodbyes for now, after a long hug, a passionate kiss, kisses on the cheek, on the forehead and a wake-up call from a teasing Shay, they finally could let go of each other. Kelly jogged to the driveway, he stopped to wave at him before entering the firehouse. He had a good time yesterday.
Kelly should be done by 8:00, so Jay decided to start making breakfast. Pancakes, scrambled eggs and bacon. At that moment, he was happy he could at least make breakfast.

Kelly was headed to his car, eyes glued to his phone as he was texting Jay, when he heard Shay behind him asking.

" Are you going home?"

He faced her and shook his head as she neared him.

" I'm going to Jay's. Why? Do you need anything?"
He asked. She shook her head saying.

" No. I'm getting breakfast with Gabby anyways. So, you and Jay...you can't let go of each other already. I saw you yesterday."
she said, teasing him.

He shook his head laughing softly.
" It's going very well....he is perfect and I'm really happy."

He said sincerely which earned him a big hug from his best friend.

" It's obvious that you are happy and I'm happy for you both. Now I'll let you go to your Prince Charming, tell him I said hi and that I can't wait to meet him. Have a nice day and I don't want to see you home till tomorrow. Bey!"
She said walking backwards.

" I will....thank you....and I wasn't planning on coming back."
he managed to answer between laughs. This woman is something else. He entered his car and drove away.

He was smiling while driving. Jay was indeed perfect and he was making him very happy after only a couple of days. He brought him lunch the day before and he invited him for breakfast today, he was wonderful. They have been doing great since that day at Molly's and Kelly wanted to take it further so he was going to ask him on a date. And he had an idea of where to take him.
He was about to start planning their first date night when he arrived at Jay's apartment building. Luckily, he found a parking spot almost immediately. He parked and started to make his way towards Jay's apartment.

Jay was just done setting the table when there was a knock on the door. He is here! He thought, heading to the door with a big smile plastered on his face. He took a minute to rearrange his t-shirt before opening the door. He got Kelly's text when he was finishing making the food which left him enough time to take a quick shower and set everything. So he was ready.

They got lost in each other as soon as the door opened until Jay realised, after a couple of minutes, that Kelly was still standing in the hallway. Unable to muster a word for the moment, he let him enter in silence.