Chapter 1

Jay Halstead.
That's the name he can't seem to stop thinking about. That's the man he can't get out of his head. Jay Halstead, the detective and member of the Intelligence Unit in Chicago P.D.

Giving up on sleep, Kelly sat on his bed, a loud sigh leaving his mouth. He took a look at the clock, 2:47 am and Kelly Severide couldn't find sleep. In fact, he hasn't been able to sleep soundly ever since he laid his eyes on Jay Halstead.

Don't get him wrong, his restless nights don't mean that Jay was some horrible jackass. Far from that. It only means that he hasn't been able to ignore the man's charming and beautiful smile; his playful but attentive eyes and his sinful body. He hasn't been capable of avoiding the intake of a deep breath at the sound of his voice. Simply put, even the mere mention of his name could get a reaction from him. Only God knows how he has been able to keep this to himself. Even Shay doesn't know anything about this.

Gosh! I am miserable!
Kelly Severide has never reacted like this to anyone before. He doesn't remember ever feeling this way about the woman he nearly married. And he was absolutely terrified of these new and unknown feelings.
When Kelly finally found the way out of the labyrinth of his thoughts, it was already 3:17 in the morning.

Unbelievable! A half an hour lost in your thoughts. Way to go for someone who spent all day at the site of a collapsed building.
Even though his body was protesting, his mind wouldn't let him sleep. Kelly let his body fall onto the bed and a long sigh left his mouth.

I can't go on like this. I need to talk to someone before HE drives me crazy.
So on that night, Kelly decided to open up about these new and unknown feelings unaware of the fact that a certain detective was also having restless nights since the day he met him.

Blue eyes.
Absolutely stunning blue eyes.
Those eyes didn't leave him alone, they haunted him day and night since the day he met him. Kelly Severide, the man who constantly invades his thoughts. Kelly Severide the leader of rescue squad 3, within firehouse 51 of Chicago.

Ugh! I really need to sleep.
Jay Halstead was exhausted. He had a tiring couple of days, with a complex and difficult case that required mind gymnastics and a lot of chasing after suspects by car or by foot. So normally he should have been out like a light the moment his head hit the pillows.

But he was wide awake, being tormented by those extraordinary blue eyes for the umpteenth time. And as if this wasn't already enough, the image of Kelly's brilliant smile flashed in his mind provoking a smile out of him like every other time he thought about that man's smile. His mind was nearly successful in luring him into visualising Kelly's hot body when he furiously shook his head.

This is insane! I am desperate.
What the hell is this? What are these feelings? Because he for sure knows that he has never felt this way before. These feelings were new and unknown. He was petrified. Jay knows what it means to be petrified by fear for he has seen men trained for war being petrified in the line of fire. He, himself was petrified of falling asleep in the months after being discharged from the military because of his night terrors. But he decided to not let them rule his life and he has learnt to live with them.

This fear, however, was new to him. The ex-ranger turned detective wasn't only scared by the fact that these feelings were new and unknown but they were also very intense.

Staring at his ceiling without really seeing it, he pondered what to do in order to get some peace at night.
I need to talk to someone!
Jay sat in his bed sighing. He looked at the time, it was 5:13 in the morning. There goes another night without sleep.
Little did he know that there was a certain firefighter who was experiencing the same troubles.