Chapter 45 (final chapter)

"I can't believe this is our last day walking together to high school... " - said Noah to Zach.

"Yeah, I can't believe it." - replied Zach.

As they talked, Noah and Zach were ready to spend their last day of high school together before the graduation.

Even if Noah wouldn't be able to spend it with Y/N, he was still grateful that he'd get to spend it with his best friend since they were kids. Still, a few days had passed after prom and Noah still felt that feeling on his chest. He wouldn't graduate with her.

As they got closer to their destination, Noah felt another strange feeling in his chest. Apart from missing Y/N, the feeling of going to college and not seeing many of his classmates again was present.

Even if the majority of people would go to Hawkins University, like him, many of them would go through what Y/N was already going: living a new life with completely different people around them.

"Don't you feel strange?" - asked Noah. - "You know, this is our last day of school before graduating."

"Strange?" - asked Zach. - "Well, kinda."

"Like, are you feeling something? Because I'm just amazed!" - Noah exclaimed.

"What do you mean?" - asked Zach.

Noah took a deep breath and talked.

"All this years, of school, and not just that, but also meeting new people, are going to be over in the blink of an eye." - he started to say - "How long has it been? 12 years? Yeah! And it's crazy how we've been through primary, middle school and high school."

Zach frowned but he was open ears.

"It's crazy how things come to an end." - Noah finished.

"Noah...?" - his best friend asked.

Noah turned his head to him.

"Are you having another one of your Noah thinks about life again?"

Noah sighed. - "No!"

Zach smirked.

"Don't you feel like that?" - asked Noah. - "I know I'm not the only one!"

"I get you!" - exclaimed Zach. - "But I'm looking forward to it. I feel prepared for what's coming."

"It's like a new chapter of our lives!" - Noah exclaimed.

Zach smiled at his friend.

As they kept walking, they arrived once more to the doors of the school.