Chapter 26

It was another new but typical school day. Noah did the same routine he did every day: he got out of bed, got dressed, and made the bed. Then he went down to have breakfast in the kitchen and found his mother and father there. Chloe appeared after him and ate breakfast.

In the days after his mother had announced the punishment, Noah did not talk much to his mother, although sometimes his mother would make a forced conversation with him. This later was a conversation in which only Chloe and her father chatted, since Noah did not want to have a conversation alone with his mother. He loved his mother, but deep down he knew that what she had done was wrong, punishing him for something he didn't want to happen, an accident. Anyway, Noah would not speak to her until the punishment was removed, or at least he would not speak to her a lot. Noah's plan was to be quiet so as not to talk to his mother. He thought his mother would feel bad, so she would lift the punishment to talk to her beloved son. Although his mother was not easy to bribe.

While eating breakfast, Noah remembered last afternoon's walk visiting Y/N. He wasn't going to tell anyone. Obviously he would not tell his mother, since she would either give him a worse punishment or something worse. Chloe, would probably bribe him for money and in return, she wouldn't tell her mother. His father was also not a good choice since he couldn't keep secrets, and sooner or later, Noah's mother would find out from his father.

Noah didn't like keeping secrets, but he wouldn't tell anyone what he did.

Though thinking about the afternoon he had with Y/N, he thought Zach wouldn't be a bad choice. His best friend wouldn't tell anyone, and it would remain a secret between Noah, Zach, and Y/N.

Noah also wondered if  Y/N had said something to her parents. It was unlikely, since she seemed like a girl who kept secrets well, and clearly she would not tell her strict parents what had happened the previous afternoon.

Finally, Noah finished eating breakfast. He brushed his teeth, grabbed his backpack, said goodbye to his parents, and walked out the door to go to school.
Sometimes Noah liked going to school in the mornings, but just because the cool wind was on his face and sometimes Zach would chat with him. Noah thought it was again the typical mornings where Noah walked to school at a normal time, and Zach woke up late and was late to class. Although that morning seemed like one of thisd, Noah was wrong, since he felt a hand that was not his on his shoulder.

"Hey, bro!" - exclaimed Zach

Noah saw him and felt happy because his friend was there to have a small conversation with him.

"Hey, dude! You didn't wake up late this time?" - asked Noah

"Nah, I just wasn't on the mood of waking up late. I wanted to get out of bed as soon as possible" - replied Zach

"Wait-am I talking to Zach? The REAL Zach? The Zach who loves his bed and never wants to get out of it?" - asked Noah with sarcasm

"Yeah, yeah, it's the real Zach... I don't know where the other Zach is ito be honest" - replied Zach

Noah let out a slight smile.

"Anyway... How's life, dude?" - asked Zach.

Zach always asked Noah that question when they had a conversation and headed up to school.

"Cool, I guess" - said Noah - "What about you?"

"I think pretty good. Has your mom lifted your punishment?" - asked Zach

"Of course not, Zach, it's only been a day. Of course she's not going to lift it" - replied Noah

"Oh, I just thought maybe... She had lifted it" - said Zach

Noah shook his head.

"So... I washed the dishes!" - said Zach

"All you did was wash the dishes, right?" - asked Noah

"Yeah, all I did yesterday was that apart from watching Netflix" - replied Zach

"Ugh... Lucky you" - said Noah a bit angry - "Well, I think I'm getting used to not being on my phone all day"

"Check the positive side, at least you are doing something different than usual" - replied Zach

"Well, you're just saying that because you don't have my punishment" - said Noah

Zach stayed silent. There were some seconds of silence until Noah realized they had arrived to school. Noah asked Zach what subject they had. Zach grabbed his agenda were he had the schedule.

Chemistry was the first subject.

Zach and Noah still had time left to chat, since it wasn't 9AM yet.

After thinking a little bit, Noah decided to tell Zach his experience, visiting Y/N.

"Hey Zach ... Can I tell you something?" asked Noah

"Sure man, what's up?" - asked Zach

"Something happened yesterday" - Noah began to say - "It's not the most incredible thing in the world ... But"

Zach's eyes were wide. He was always ready to listen to Noah, even if it was a small thing that didn't matter. Zach had been Noah's best friend for a long time, so it was normal that they would tell each other everything. Zach was used to hearing Noah's experiences, but the one Noah wanted to tell to Zach in that moment seemed important.

"Yesterday I went to visit Y/N" - said Noah

Zach's eyes got even wider

"But wasn't she grounded without going out?" - asked Zach

"Yes, but I did not care and I went to see her. Obviously I did not sneak into her house, but we talked from the window so that her parents would not see us" - answered Noah

"This honestly feels like Romeo and Juliet... My bro breaking the rules! I'm proud of you!" - said Zach

"For breaking the rules?" asked Noah

"Of course! You are already learning to have fun and not always do the right thing " - said Zach

Noah rolled eyes - "Okay...?"

"On top of that, you are so close of getting a girlfriend!" - answered Noah

"Yeah ... speaking of that ..." - Noah started to say

"What? What is it?" - asked Zach

"I don't know who Y/N is for me anymore " - answered Noah - "I love her as a friend but sometimes I feel other things"

Zach was in shock - "OMG ... I knew it! My Noah is in love!"

"No! Well, I mean, let's see, Y/N is incredible, but sometimes I feel like I want to be with her forever ... but I'm not in love? It's complicated" - answered Noah

"Hmm ... I think you feel something, Noah. I was right!" - said Zach

"Well, more or less. Anyway ..." - said Noah - "Today I'm going to see her again"

"Really? Well, wish you luck, man!" - Zach replied

"Thanks bro, although I don't know why I'm nervous ..." - Noah started to say - "I guess Y/N ...  has something special"

𝕋𝕪 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘!❤️

ℍ𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕒 𝕘𝕠𝕠𝕕 𝕕𝕒𝕪/𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 💗