Chapter 39

The next day, Noah woke up in a good mood.

After having breakfast, he said goodbye to his family and left home to go to school.

He had to tell Zach everything that had happened.

When he stood in front of his best friend's house, he shouted his name in order to get his attention. However, there was no response.

Noah then walked alone since he thought his friend would most likely be already at school.

After a short walk, he found himself in front of the school gates and went inside to find his class.

When Noah arrived at the class, his expectations were confirmed: Zach was already waiting in class. Noah ran to him and so did his friend. It seemed like both of them were in a good mood.

"Zach!" - Noah shouted. Both of them slapped each other's back.

"Hey, man!" - Zach responded - "Sorry I left early by the way."

"It's okay, I don't mind." - said Noah breathing heavily from running. -
"Look," - he said between breaths - "You'll never believe what just happened."

"Yeah? You won't believe what happened to me yesterday..." - said Zach.

"Okay, I'll go first." - Noah said. - "So-"

Zach interrupted - "Wait-let me guess, is it about Y/N?!"

Noah responded again between breaths - "Yes, and you won't believe it."

Zach kept his eyes wide open. Would Noah tell him what he was thinking?

"So-" - Noah said.

"Come on tell me already!" - replied Zach excited.

"We kissed."

Zach's heart suddenly stopped.

"NO FUCKING WA-"

"And she's going to prom with me." - Noah finished.

Noah smiled , and Zach was proud of him.

Zach was really happy for him. His childhood friend had finally found himself a girlfriend.

"YOU DID IT! YOU ACTUALLY TOLD HER!" - Zach hugged Noah.

Both of them were happy. Noah was grateful for being something else with his new friend, Y/N, but Zach looked happier than him.

The hug lasted long enough for Noah to ask Zach why he was so happy.

"Thanks dude, but why are you more excited than I thought?" - asked Noah.

"First of all, I wanted you to get a girlfriend, second of all, I always tried to help, and... I'm your best friend! Why wouldn't I be excited?" - he answered.

Noah smirked. - "Now I understand why you're my best friend."

Zach let out a lighthearted smile.

"I mean, what would you do without me?" - asked Zach. - "But, hey, how did it feel like?"

"How did what feel?" - asked Noah.

"The kiss you silly!" - replied his friend.

"Oh-" - Noah started saying - "Um, it felt like all my troubles were forgotten, I felt like floating you know? Because the moment I kissed her everything stopped."

"Okay Mr Schnapp I didn't know you could be so poetic!" - exclaimed Zach.

"Yeah, yeah, anyway..."- Noah said - "I'm surprised you haven't got a girlfriend yet! If I can get one you can definitely get one.