Prologue - 4: He's Back!

First Step Beach

Ibuki, Mikan and I arrive at the First Step Beach, we were greeted by everyone else, all we're waiting for is Nagito and Hajime, after a bit they finally arrived.

"You guys are the last to arrive! What are you dilly dallying for?" Byakuya scolded the two boys for being late.

"Sorry for keeping you all waiting." Nagito apologizes.

"Well it's alright. More importantly this is our only chance to talk between ourselves before that rabbit returns." Byakuya states.

"Kyahaha! Let's talk!" Hiyoko says with excitement.

"Now then, let me hear your initial impressions of this Island." Byakuya demanded.

Peko was the first to speak up, "I happened to notice numerous blocked off bridges at the Central Island."

Ibuki then confirmed something, "Oh those are so we don't get lost, I tried to cross one earlier and Usami came and told me that, though she also said something strange was going on behind those bridges, though she never told me what it was."

I believe I'm the only one who knows what Ibuki was talking about, but just because she's my best friend, doesn't mean I can tell her what's going on.

"Is this Island really that big that we would get lost? And what strange things are happening on the other island's?" Peko questioned

"Ah there Also a biiig ranch!" Hiyoko said with happiness.

"Um...there's also a large supermarket too... it looks like it stocks everything from food up to living amenities." Mikan spoke in a quiet timid voice that we barely heard her in the first place.

Mahiru was the next to speak up. "The hotel was really nice too, It'd be great if we could stay there."

Sonia then piped up, "I am certain I saw 17 cottages there, so it seems that we are staying there. Also the restaurant inside the hotel was very nice, it seemed to cater to a more plebian taste."

"Can you guys listen to what I wanna say too?" Teruteru asks, but knowing what he was about to say I quickly shut him up.

"Don't even think about saying it!" I sharply tell him. Then he kept his mouth shut, fearing another kick to the "planets".

"And what of the statue at the park?" I ask, Byakuya's eyes widen at that. "The statue was of 5 legendary animals, that each worshipped an Island, plus the name of the park also leads me to guess the name of this Island, this island if I'm correct, is likely Jabberwock Island."

Byakuya looked astonished for a moment before going back to a serious look. "I see, glad to know at least one of you noticed it then." He then started Monologing "You see, when I saw it I remembered a story I heard before. There was an Island in the Pacific Ocean, a beautiful island paradise where summer never ends. It consists of a central Island surrounded by five other islands. It's also said that the five holy animals symbolize each of those islands. And indeed as Aria said that Island's name is Jabberwock Island, I'm impressed you managed to deduce that Aria." He praised.

"Thanks I knew my World Tour's were good for education sometimes." I say.

"Still, there is something on my mind." Byakuya continued "In fact according to what I've heard Jabberwock Island is already... Nevermind." He trailed off.

I believe that Jabberwock Island was abandoned at some point, though I'm not completely sure.

Nekomaru then spoke up loudly. "Hold it right there! That's a rather incomplete story you told us."