The window

By: Fezussy on Ao3

Robin x Finn

~~~~

finney was tired.

the ela teacher signed so much work. he felt like he physically couldn't do it all, but he did in class so he wouldn't have to do it at home.

finney felt like he was gonna faint, he was visibly exhausted.

finney hasn't been doing well in school. in fact, his grades dropped, a lot. things have been happening at home, very bad things that finney can't take.

the abuse, the ptsd, the horrible memories from the kidnapping is draining all of finneys energy. he doesn't want to admit it, but he needs help.

but that's the thing, finney doesn't want to admit it, he thinks it's embarrassing crying for help and would prefer to keep things to himself. he even keeps these things from robin, his boyfriend.

finney gets scared sometimes because he thinks robin is starting to catch on.

everything is just so-

"FINNEY BLAKE." mr sanchez screamed.

finney jumped. he heard the class laughing, and he also hears mr san he's shutting them up.

after he gave finney some time to answer and didn't get one, he spoke up again.

"i've been calling your name for a while now. we need to have a talk after class." the class breaks down in 'ooos' as mr sanchez said that. he again shuts them up.

finney nods and mumbles an apology. he's sick and tired of everyone and everything.

he felt like he wanted to shoot his brains out, but he knew he couldn't leave gwen and robin.

after class ended, everyone walked out expect finney and he knew the time came, he had to talk to mr sanchez.

"finney, i'm gonna be real with you. i'm worried about you. the principal wants to talk to you at the end of the day to discuss your grades and your sudden behavior. the best thing i can do is allow you to go to the school councilor." the teacher said, finney was silent. all he did was nod and left the classroom.

finney hopes the conversation is private, he hopes it's just him and the principal.

great, the principal wants to talk to him.

just perfect.

***

it's the end of the day, that's a good and bad thing. one, he has to talk to his son of a bitch principal, but he also gets to go home after.

finney walks towards the door and opens it to see-

ROBIN AND JAKE?

finney looked at robins bloody knuckles and jakes bloody face and knew it was obvious. they look at finney in confusion. finney just looks stunned.

"hello mr blake, please sit." the principal mr anderson says.

"i- i thought our conversation was gonna be private." finney exclaims. robin now looks concerned and jake is just confused and wants to leave.

"you shouldn't be ashamed about this, you should be ashamed you weren't listening in cla-" finney cuts mr anderson off.

"not true, not true at all! i- i guess i was just a little ... zoned out." finney mumbles towards the end.

"yeah, sure. a little zoned out. listen, i'm sorry that unfortunate event happened, but there's no reason why you shouldn't be listening in class. this is your last warning before i get your father involved." finney stands there, embarrassed and angry that he would say that and scoffs before storming off.