[ 08 ]

When I turned back, Jimin was walking towards us leaving the group of girls by themselves behind

It was right at that moment that I knew I was done. I wanted the ground to swallow me. I was going to get embarrassed, disrespected and humiliated. Misoo was going to know about the stupid thing that I said.

I didn't blink nor moved an inch. Well, this was supposed to happen one day or another and today is that day.

"Hey.. how are you doing?" Jimin asked while standing in front of me.

Wasn't he supposed to scold me or say something humiliating at first? Is he going to lash out on me after hearing my answer?

"I-i am okay, how is your head now?" he didn't have the bandage wrapped around his head anymore.

"Oh, it's fine. I get some intense migraines from now and then but the doctor said it's normal because of the injury." he answered after touching the back of his head while I nodded my head.

"Do you have any more classes left or are you planning to go home now?" he asked while looking at me intently.

Is he trying to find the best time & place to publicly make fun of me?

"Hmm I'm going home now.."

"Are you going to take the train? Can I walk with you?"

"Huh?" I wasn't sure if I heard it right but why did he want to walk with me, what's happening?

While I was in a full state of confusion, he held my hand and started to walk away.

"Let's go now!" he said excitedly while giving me a big smile.

What the hell is happening?!

When I turned my head to look back at where Misoo was, she was rooted in her place and was in a worst state of shock than I was. It's only when I called her that she started to come running towards us.

The rest of the train journey was awkward to say the least. Jimin was sitting on my right side asking questions about my day & classes whilst Misoo was sitting on my left, numb and still like a rock.

But that wasn't the awkward part, it was Jimin holding my hand and not leaving it for a single second. He intertwined his fingers with mine and once in a while, he was caressing my knuckle with his thumb.

It was a soft gesture and it would have been sweeter if it wasn't for me getting scared and nervous anticipating for the worst to happen.

After Misoo bid her goodbye and left at her stop, it was only the two of us. Maybe now, he will confront me and scold me for the lie I said? But he did quite the opposite.

He brought our intertwined hands on his lap and put his other hand on top of it. To say that I was feeling flustered would be an understatement. I was literally seconds away from passing out.

Was I dreaming?

"From now on, I'll accompany you in the morning and evening so don't take the train before me."

What?!

"T-there is n-no need for that, I can come to the campus by myself." he turned his face to look at me.

"What are you talking about? You are my girlfriend and it's my responsibility to walk with you and walk you off. Plus, we both take the train from the same station so it's convenient and it would be a waste not to take advantage of it." he answered with a soft smile on his face.

Is he pretending to go along with my lie or does he genuinely believe in my lie? I feel like my head is going to explode!

"Let me walk you home!"

"I-i don't want to bother you, take care of yourself firs-"

"Y/n, I already feel bad enough that I don't remember you. This might help me bring back our memories so please, try to understand me." he told after heaving a long sigh.

If I didn't feel terrified, nervous and bad
enough before, this just made me feel a hundred times more terrible.

He believed in my lie.

Oh god, I never meant for this to happen.

"Let's go, our stop is here." he took hold of my hand and made me walk with him.

Any sane person would take this time to be honest and tell him the truth but my throat was stuck.

Saying the truth now will prevent a lot of things but especially from getting hurt. He might get angry, pissed or might even laugh about it but hiding it won't do any good things.

"J-jimin." I tried to call him to get his attention while walking with him.

He hummed without looking at me while still holding my hand with a strong grip.

My hand is so warm in his hold, I will probably never experience this ever again.

"Which way do we go to your home now?" he asked me after getting out of the station.

"l-i'm sorry." I uttered in a quiet voice while looking down.

I didn't think this would be this hard. I only experienced his warmth for an hour and I was already attached to it. It was probably because of my stupid feelings. This is what I wanted and here I had it but it wasn't meant for me.

Tears started to roll down on my cheeks thinking about my pathetic state.

This is fine, y/n. You have already been hurt, at least you got to experience this short period of happiness.

"Hey, hey.. Why are you crying?" Jimin instantly cupped my cheeks and tried to look into my eyes.

"I-i.. l-li-" before I could finish my sentence, I was met by a pair of lips.