[ 01 ]

7:43am

7:43am.

Everyday at this exact time, you took the train to go to your university.

This routine became the norm for you and the train journey was as gloomy as the weather outside in this winter season but soon everything around you changed.

What made this feeling change? One person. Park Jimin.

Even saying the name aloud in your mind gave you a flutter of emotions.

Not only was he considered one of the popular guys at the university you studied at but he was also breathtakingly beautiful.

He was literally considered as a heartthrob in the campus amongst all the guys that were present there and that was for a very good reason.

You didn't know who he was or how he looked like up until a few months ago when you coincidentally saw him in your train and your friend, Misoo let you know about him.

Ever since that day, you started looking forward to your train journey.

He took the same train as you and every single week day, you were able to see him close by inside the train.

The way his dimple showed when he smiled.

His eyes that disappeared when he laughed, wholeheartedly.

The way he would cling onto his best friend when he was telling a funny story.

His respect towards elderly people when they boarded the train.

From his small subtle mannerisms to his big characteristic traits, you were able to notice them all through this 20 minute train journey from the past few months.

You now knew the reason for his popularity and the reason why most girls at the campus were swooned over by him.

You wanted to be indifferent but you didn't know what made you gravitate so much towards him.

You were secretly stealing glances at him without Misoo noticing everyday which didn't make you any less of a stalker at this point.

"Hey! Are you listening to what I'm saying?" your friend exclaimed which made you come out of your daydream.

"Sorry, what? I was just thinking about next week's exam so I didn't hear what you were saying.." you tried covering up your secret activity which was still unknown to your friend.

"Girl! Why are you thinking about that right now?! Well, I was saying that there is a party next Friday, Almost everyone in the campus are invited, it's literally going to be the party of the year!" Misoo shared that piece of news excitedly.

"As you said, almost everyone are invited. We are not invited and we will never be so what's the point of talking about it?" you retorted back.

University was completely different than high school. There weren't any bullies or stereotypical labels assigned to every student but that didn't exclude the fact that not everyone was treated the same way.

People who were deemed as good looking and athletic were already in a cliché of their own and the same went to the ones who were focused on their studies.

Unfortunately, both you and your friend were classed in the latter one.

You both enrolled in the same course and were in the same major. You almost had all the classes together with the exception of a few.

This allowed you to befriend each other immediately since the both of you had similar personality and didn't mingle with other people either.

This entire situation was never a problem to you up until you started realising how far of the spectrum both Jimin and you were.

He was somebody who you could never reach or even talk to. You both were miles apart when it came to that aspect.

You didn't even think he noticed you as much as you noticed him, let alone see that a girl in the same university as him boarded the same train on the same station as him every single day and you didn't blame him either.

This time, it wasn't your insecurities speaking but the reality.

You couldn't imagine even having a simple conversation with him and you didn't know why this entire situation infuriated you so much.

Was it because you knew you couldn't get anything in return? Or you knew for a fact nothing would come out of this? But what were you exactly feeling?

It was an inexplicable feeling but as of now, you were just happy looking at him from far away in the carriage.

"Don't be a downer! If there is a will, there is a way! I talked to Yuta and he told me that he would share some good news with me! We need to enjoy our lives as well instead of reading those books 24/7."

Yuta who studied in the same university as the both of you and coincidentally one of Misoo's close friends, was part of the 'popular' clique.

They were friends since childhood and they lived in the same neighbourhood as well.

Misoo was trying her best to enjoy life at university and for her that was going to parties and clubs & all the fun activities that revolved around people which will ultimately reach her goal of finding a boyfriend.

This was one of the things that you were never able to relate with her but now, you somehow started to understand her. She was longing for someone but she didn't know who it was and was pretty vocal about it.

On the other hand, you were longing for someone as well and you somehow had an idea of who it was but you couldn't be vocal about it, even to the person who shared everything to you.

It wouldn't change anything and you will only be classed as the rest of the girls so you buried this wordless thought inside your mind.

You didn't want to attach words to the feelings you were developing since it was pointless. It wouldn't bring you or change anything.

"I just don't want you to get disappointed if he's not able to invite you to that so-called party of the year." you tried reasoning her and somehow console yourself that those people, were in a league of their own and that there was no point dwelling or thinking about this matter.

"I won't! Plus, I didn't only ask him to invite me. I want the both of us to go there together! Who knows, we might come out of that party with a different relationship status?" she raised her brows playfully while you rolled your eyes at her.

It was just impossible.

this story was originally published as a series on my Instagram (@tae_dal), if you are a reader who already knows the plot of the story - please don't spoil it for new readers! if you have read any replicas of this story on any other platform other than the one mentioned above, please inform me as it's an unauthorised copy of my content, thank you <3