CH 6 | A FRIEND'S REQUEST

The artificial light glimmered in my study hanging out above the ceiling over my head as I was doing some work on my laptop while still donned in my Navy blue pants and white shirt while my suit jacket rested over the backrest of my office chair.

The reminisce of the lass whom I discerned was talking with Sung recurred in my mind as my fingertips halted over the keyboard as her visage flicked in front of my eyes. Her tresses fell over her cheeks as she tucked them behind her ear. Her eyes were silent yet telling things while she licked her lips as if giving me her proper profile view.

“Sung was talking with her?” I murmured under my breath, He isn’t the one to get acquainted with strangers so easily.

I sighed, inclining back on my chair while my gaze fell on the files placed beside my laptop, tilting my head a bit, I stretched my hand to grasp them.

President Kim, These are the profiles of the doctors who can be chosen for Mr. Sung. Please have a look. I read the letter written by Mr. Min.

I crumpled my eyebrows at the file before opening the resumes of the doctors, “I don’t know who is left to choose.” I shook my head, taking a look at the profiles.

Flicking over the pages, my eyes halted at the same certain one, again the same face whom I discerned at the hotel, Ms. Choi Y/N… I read out her name and read the description, “She turned out to be a child psychologist.” I raised one of my eyebrows before tossing another page.

I gazed over the clock hanging on the wall beside me. It was already half past ten. Let me check on Sung. Raising my feet to stride towards his bedroom.

I opened the dim lit room which had his amber rays illuminating near the area of the bed where I discerned Sung’s portable physique looking down at the bright screen of the tablet in the dingy atmosphere being seated over his bunk bed as the upper part had a treehouse with his stuffed toys, biomimetic the tree.

He should be asleep by now. I stepped inside the room as the amber tincture was falling over the blue-colored walls. I asked, “Why aren’t you asleep yet?” I watched him turn a deaf ear to my words as he was rigorously staring at the tablet, displaying the animated cartoons.

I discerned the fluff ball, Yeontan sitting next to him while wiggling his tail as I moved an inch close, it bounced over the bed before taking its place on its bed placed in the further end of the room, “Good boy.” I sighed, looking back at Sung, “Sung you should have been asleep half an hour ago.”

I didn’t feel him moving an inch from his place, he was just propped over the mattress staring at the bright screen, stretching my hand to grab the tablet as I picked it up in my huge palm and switched it off and watched Sung looking at me with furrowed brows and again those pouty lips.

Deeply sighed after sucking in my teeth, I placed the tablet over the table and sat beside him on the mattress. He wasn’t in the mood to talk and I knew why he didn't wanna have a man-to-man talk with me. I thought about being candid with him but had to reach the topic by beating around the bush.

“Won’t Sung talk to daddy?” I watched him crossing his hands over his chest and looking ahead of himself as I pulled his teeny frame over my lap, “You won’t?” I asked and watched him shaking his head as no. Poking my finger on his tummy he fluttered as I tickled his weeny frame as he smiled before stopping me.

I halted as he looked up at my visage showing his mini teeth, I reciprocated a smile before carrying him and tucking him under the duvet, “Time to ride the rainbow of dreamland!” I murmured his favorite goodnight line before pushing off his locks from his forehead as he closed his eyes. Patting his chest for a few minutes he went into a deep slumber.