CH 3 | SILENCE - A WORD

The sound of the car screeching over the road while the clouds were pouring, deliberately as if they were crying in agony and grief for what was about to happen in the next moment, and it did happen in a blink of an eye. The car rolled over, turning repeatedly while the crashing and crunching sounds echoed over the road along with the cloudburst....

I squinted my eyes for a while from my slumber, my orbs waggled a few times to gaze the surroundings before I opened them and twitched my head to the side to scrutinize the alarm clock placed on the bedside table as I removed the duvet from my body before slipping in my slip-on, sitting on the fringe of the bed.

My locks were sticking over the moisture covering my forehead, I was sweating while the air conditioner was on.

I gulped down but heard the door of my room getting open. My preschooler son, Sung-Ho entered the room holding his puffy in his right arm, squeezing it close to his chest. I raise my feet over the shaggy carpet lying beside the bed as I watch the little one trotting towards me with a mild smile, "Should we get ready, Sung?" I asked stretching my hand out to hold his tiny ones.

He won't say anything. At least a word, Please....

I was expecting the unfeasible, He wouldn't say a word like he hasn't since that accident which changed our lives, the night which was inevitable for both of us but he was just a mere child.

Sliding those thoughts off, I came out of my reverie when I felt his mellow palm against my not-so-smooth one, "Let's go."

Sauntering in the walking closet with the pearly bathrobes donned by both of us, we both sought out the clothes for the day as he searched his mini wardrobe for what to wear for the day.

I took out a white shirt with a navy blue suit jacket and a blue tie, and donning ourselves we both sat over the ottoman wearing our footwear, I picked leather dress boots while he slipped in his sneaker while he was donned in his long-sleeved strap pants and a matching coat as mine. Matching clothes as his father. I smiled, mildly.

I crouched down in front of him, setting the bow on his collar. I asked him to give me a high five as he flapped his palm over mine.

I ruffled his curly silky locks which were hindering his eyes before moving them sideways with the tips of my fingers, "Be a good boy, It's a long day." I said as he smiled, showing his tablet as he wrote something on the screen, "I will try."

I sighed, Oh, God! He has the same frame of mind as me. "Let's get going." I held his mini backpack with the meds he might need.

Holding his hand in mine we both made our way down the stairs. We both perceived the noise of the one who was barking under the nose just in front of the staircase, in the middle of the lounge.

The tiny fluffy ball rolled over his back and then stood in his prior position on his paws, trying to bite his tail he chased it twirling around, barking a time or two.

Once stopped in his position, he held his tongue out breathing while we both stepped down the last stair. Waggling its tail, he sprinted towards us more towards Sung, "Good morning, boy." He bounced his paws over my lower legs, it was a Pomeranian dog, Yeontan.

I crouched down once again, before patting its furry head as he licked Sung's chin making him giggle.

Standing on its two paws he twirled around as a gesture of Good morning in his language, Sung displayed his mini teeth.

"Yeontan... It's time to go." I said looking at the little fluff as he barked a goodbye. Yeontan and Sung, both have been together since their birth, they are inseparable.