CH 4 | SAVED A CHILD

"Dr. Choi! You are coming. Are you?" One of your colleagues asked as you looked at her with befuddlement taking over your visage and orbs, "Where?"

Currently, You were studying one of the reports for your patient who just visited you an hour ago. Your colleague's expression changed after watching yours as you again located your eyes on the reports under your nose.

The reports were snatched away from your palms as you looked at her with furrowed eyebrows, "You forgot, right? Why do you work so much? You would exhaust yourself. We only got a holiday on Sunday and you still skipped some because of your patients."

You sighed, looking at her before standing up and wrapping your arm around her shoulder, "They are the most important to me. I took a rest yesterday, Shin." You both walked out of your cabin, "Yeah! Yeah! After four months. I guess. Okay, leave it. I was asking if you are coming or not to the ceremony? You remember right? We had to go to the hotel to attend it."

You opened your mouth because you didn't even remember that today you had to visit the ceremony in the hotel, "Omo! I forgot that. What should I do? I don't have any clothes to wear there." You looked at your clothes but Shin looked at you, "No, You are looking good in these. I mean, you always look pretty in whatever you wear these days. Are you getting any beauty treatments?" She squinted at you, gazing at your visage from close.

You inclined yourself back as she stooped forward but pulled her back in her prior position, "Thank you but I am not taking any beauty treatments." Flicking your tresses with your fingers as they bobbed in the air for a few seconds.

You both giggled before making your way out of the hospital while pocketing your hands in your pearly doctor coat, your appointments were all done for the day while it was already dawn.

You halted your movements as you both were almost skipping through the hallways, "I forgot my bag." You said as Shin reacted, "Oh!" You made your way back saying, "I will be back in a minute." She nodded, "Oh okay! Uber will be here till then." You nodded, showing her a thumbs up raising your hand over your shoulder, "Yes!"

Packing your stuff, you slid your sling bag over your shoulder, hanging it on the sideway making the Tata keyring bobbed up and down as you looked at yourself in the mirror.

Gathering your lips in a pout you skimmed your fingers over your cheek, "Was Shin meant it?" Inclining toward the mirror, gazing at your reflection as a sigh left your mouth, "I don't think so." You puffed before stepping out of your ward.

Discerning Shin was waiting for you outside the hospital as you dashed to her, "I am back!" She twinkled her teeth at you but without letting in your surroundings you collided with one of a pedestrian who was sauntering when you bumped into his frame as the Ice coffee cup in his hand plunged over you, the nut-brown drink sploshed over your white coat and you restrain yourself from falling over the footpath so you won't embarrass yourself furthermore in front of people who were making their way near you.

You held your hands up so the coffee won't come in contact with your skin as you waggled your eyes from the donned clothes which were now damped with the coffee as you felt a cold sensation over your bosom and you watched your once white coat was now stained in a mousy color.

Sin stood there with her palm covering her mouth as her brows were raised to the forehead as you made eye contact with her, she made her way into the scene.

You looked beside you at the pedestrian who had his mouth parted, "I am sorry." He had a sad smile on his face while you said, "I am also sorry." You both bowed to each other as he sauntered past you while Shin stood under your nose, "Oh! Dr. Choi, your clothes are blemished by the coffee." She exclaimed as you scrunch your nose before taking off your coat, "How will I attend the ceremony now?" You hung the coat on your palm while Shin said, "Let's go to the nearby mall and shop for something."