𝟐𝟏: 𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐊𝐘 𝐊𝐈𝐒𝐒 ✧.*

It was unbelievably cold in the morning. The cold that makes you want to stay entangled in your blankets all day, kind of cold. Of course, I knew that Schlatt liked to sleep in the cold, but I didn't know it was to this extent.

I got up out of my bed to change the thermostat, I slowly truded out of my shared bedroom and exhaling cold breargs. I saw the thermostat in the kitchen and made my way over to it, aching to turn it to a warmer tempature. As I turned it to a point where it wasn't super cold, but also not super hot, in the corner of my eye I noticed a familar figure creeping behind me. 

"Boo." They said.

I slightly jumped, even though I knew it was coming. I turned around to be faced to face with the physcopath who was creeping up on me.

Of course, the 'murderous intruder' is the one person who I've been dreading to see and have been trying to avoid is none other than.. you guessed it! Quackity.

"Ahhh, wow I'm so scared, you got me so bad." I said with sarcasam.

"What're you doing up so early?" He asked with such a genuine tone.

"What do you mean 'early'? It's only-" I was cut off.

"It's 6 am." He replied blankly.

"Oh, well it was freezing to the point where I couldn't stand it. Plus, I hate being sick so anything to avoid it, I'll do." I said looking them in the eyes.

"It's easy, if you're sleeping in actual warm pajamas and not just a t-shirt and shorts." He said, smiling.

I hastily looked down, remembering waking up in a totally different outfit, "Yeah about that- How did I get in this? I fell asleep in what I wore to Vidcon." I said, thinking hard.

"Oh Niki did that, she didn't want you to wake up uncomfortable in jeans." He replied.

I smiled, I love Niki. She's like a sister to me, the way she's always looking out for me.

"Did she also move me to my bed? Or was that just Schlatt or something?" I asked.

"About that- Schlatt was really tired and he went straight to bed. Everybody just went to sleep but I noticed you were sleeping. I didn't want to wake you up so I just carried you to your room. But when Niki noticed you were still in jeans she scrambled to find an outfit for you." He said, shyly.

"Awh, how sweet. You care about me." I poked fun at him, but I noticed his face soften up.

"Well yeah, I may act like a jerk sometime, but I really do care about you. You're one of my best friends." He said, grinning.

I was done with the sappy moment and tried to switch the mood.

"You down to play some Minecraft until everyone wakes up?" I asked, raising a brow grinning.

"How could I refuse such an offer? Let's go." He laughed and we both went on the couch and got both controllers ready.

-

During our fun little gaming session, I started to actually get tired. Like really tired. I guess waking up early was finally starting to kick in.

I let out a yawn and stretched my arms, I wasn't paying attention, to when I yawned and accidentally leaned my head on Alex's shoulder.

"You tired?" He asked, looking at me; not seeming to mind that I was leaning on him.

"Yeah, kind of. I'm still not used to waking up early." I yawned again, sinking deeper onto his shoulder, my eyes becoming heavy.

"It's alright, take a nap." He softly smiled. I wonder if he's enjoying this moment as much as I am.

I took him up on that offer and drifted off to sleep, and just as I lost consciousness I felt something. It was like a light peck on my forehead. Maybe, I was imagining it. But it felt so real. Like.. a light kiss.

I don't care if it was my mind playing tricks on me or not, even if it was my imagination I still loved every second of it. 

-

Warmness surrounded me like a bunch of hot coals, every step I took caused extreme pain and it burned.

I was certain it was a dream. For starters, Schlatt and Alex were in the dream too. Standing next to eachother at the end of the coals. 

In dreams, you don't feel pain. You feel some weird tingling sensation, which is exactly what I was feeling.

I quickly walked through the hot coals and reached the end, and without hesitation I jumped into Alex's arms.

Dream-Schlatt was so.. offputting. His eyes weren't.. like Schlatt's at all. They were so empty and just cold. No life in them at all.

I held tight onto Dream-Quackity, it would be the closest I would be able to get to him- even if this is just a figment of pure imagination.

His body shifted and something pulled me away from him. I looked up and met his horrid gaze. I can't even have a good dream without something happening.

Alex morphed into Schlatt then vice-versa. I hated it, and still do. It was just like the dream I had a while ago. The memories that flooded back from during that timeframe was enough to pull me out of the dream.

-

My eyes widened and my heart was rapidly beating. I shook the thoughts out of my mind 

I wasn't in my bed, but I was in something warm. Maybe even warmer? 

It was Alex's arms that were tightly wrapped around me. Butterflies went wild in my stomach, and instead of trying to fight it, and break free of his grasp- I decided to enjoy every second I could get from it.

Maybe I should do something risky,  I wondered to myself.

I looked at his sleeping face, he looked gorgeous and I lost control of my movements.

I leaned in, and I couldn't stop myself because it was already in motion. My face was inches away from his, and the space was slowly getting smaller.

I kissed him on the forehead quietly and softly. Then, the reality of what I just did set in.

My body jerked back to the original position I was in. Head in the crook of his neck, and his arms wrapped around me protectively. 

I wish this moment could last forever. I thought to myself, smiling thinking of how he chose to cuddle; when he could of just brought me to my bed again.

I love him so much.

I think.