"He'll be alive."

Jaemin smacks Haechan. The brunet gets close to rolling his eyes and then decides against it, just forcing a smile on his face that makes Jaemin smile and nod in approval.

"I can't believe we made so much progress", Mark comments.

"I think it's 'cause there's just two of us. I can't even imagine Jisung hiking, this seems like something that would scare him."

"I see what you mean but at least he has Chenle, Jaemin, and Haechan."

"I wonder how they're doing. And who's going the slowest."

"I wonder that too. Do you think we'll beat them?"

"I hope so. I want bragging rights."

Mark chuckles, continuing to follow Jeno.

After a few minutes, the ground gets rockier, not being that concerning but just enough to make Mark slightly more cautious. He carefully watches Jeno, stepping where he steps, especially because the male seems perfectly fine.

It's fine for a while but then the rocks get bigger and freak out Mark even more.

"Um, J-Jeno?"

"Hm?" He looks back at Mark.

"I feel like I'm gonna trip."

"Wanna hold my hand?"

Mark nods and grabs hold of Jeno's hand, trying to calm himself when Jeno pulls him towards him. He lets Jeno continue guiding him, making the process easier.

Mark looks around, trying to enjoy the scenery.

Until he sees how high up they are.

Jeno looks back at Mark when he feels his grip tighten. He sees how uncomfortable Mark looks but doesn't understand why until he looks up.

"Are you okay?"

"Just a little freaked out but yeah."

"It shouldn't be that long."

"Thank God."

"Do you think they're okay? What about Mark? We are on a fucking mountain. And I just left them alone. Curse my competitive ass. Do you think-"

"Lele", Jisung interrupts, "Calm down, I'm sure they're fine. Jeno's not gonna let anything happen to Mark."

"You're right. Ugh, I wanna see my babies so bad."

"Maybe you should hike faster."

Jisung grabs his boyfriend right as he turns to Haechan, glaring. He stares for a few seconds and then shakes it off and proceeds moving forward.

"How about we have no sort of conflicts until we get up there?" Jisung suggests.

"Sure", the three males mumble.

Chenle starts humming, Haechan eventually joining in. Jisung and Jaemin just admire them while they stay next to the two.

Everything is going fine. Mark is holding Jeno's hand, he can see clearly, there's no animals, a mudslide isn't likely to happen, it's all going great.

But Mark can never celebrate too early with his clumsiness loving to pop up at the worst times—which is all the time, honestly.

He carefully steps onto a rock with his right foot but as soon as he tries to lift his left, he slips, sending his heart plummeting.

Jeno holds his hand tighter to keep him up but he notices the way the male with him seems more than startled.

Love Me | MarkNoHyuckMinजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें