Chapter 3 ᯽ Memories

Start from the beginning

I was going to say something before Newt excused himself, something about getting some of Gally's alleged special beverage.

Suddenly, I saw the brunette boy I had been looking for when someone yelled, "Welcome to the Glade!" I went toward him to see how he was doing and to check up on him as well.

Before I could even get to him, someone crashed into me from the side. I wasn't sure whether it was an accident, but it annoyed me anyway.

"Hey, watch where you're going next time!"

"Oooo, the she-bean's feisty." Some of the boys obnoxiously exclaimed, obviously just trying to cause a scene and draw attention.

"Sorry Greenie, didn't see you there. I guess you're just too short to watch out for." It was Gally. It was obvious that it was him because he was the biggest jerk I had ever encountered in the Glade so far.

I made the decision to ignore their little game and simply tell them to, "Piss off." as  I turned away from them and headed to the boy I had intended to sit next to.

"You okay?" He looked at me, I couldn't tell if he was concerned or just tired.

"I was just about to ask you the same thing, but yeah, I'm good." I smiled at him slightly, hoping he'd drop the subject.

"Any progress on remembering what your name is?" He asked, getting the memo.

"No, you?"

"No." He sighed, "It's on the tip of my tongue, but I can't seem to get it out."

"With time, you'll remember. Both of us will." I responded as I put my hand on his shoulder in an attempt to make him feel better.

Newt suddenly sat down next to the boy, greeted us both, and then gave me a sympathetic glance. I could only presume that was his way of expressing concern for the behavior of Gally, he must have noticed when it occurred.

"Hell of a first day, Greenie. Here, put some hair on your chest." Newt handed him a cup of what I assumed was Gally's special drink.

He took a taste of it before asking, "What is that?" while coughing up some of it.

"It's Gally's recipe. It's a trade secret." He laughed a bit, amused by his reaction.

"Yeah, well, he's still an asshole." I said as I took the cup from the boys hand, taking a sip myself.

...

What the hell?!

...

While everything was black, I could just make out a voice in the distance. Despite the fact that I couldn't see anything, I had the impression that I was moving closer to the speaker.

...

"Y/N. Your name is Y/N."

...

"Hello? You there?" I could just make out Newt's British accent, and I could tell he sounded worried.

Then, being back in the Glade with the two boys I felt most comfortable trusting, I felt as though I suddenly snapped back to reality.

Afterward, it finally clicked for me.

I remembered my name.

"Y/N." I said quietly to myself. I repeated, "My name is Y/N," before any of the two boys could question what I was talking about. I let out a small sigh of relief that I could recall something about myself.

Somebody else must have heard me talk since there was some cheering going on.

"Y/N! Her name's Y/N!"