VIII || Meeting Bloom

Now that I'm in my new outfit, which is a big white t-shirt tucked into a black pleated skirt, I'm ready to go meet my future members! I've never listened to Bloom's music, nor do I know anything about the group, but I'm sure it'll be fine.

I head down to the practice room I was told to meet them in. My heart is pounding, and I can feel my palms beginning to sweat. My stomach is churning with anxiety. I'll be spending years with these girls if everything goes as planned. It's important that I make a good first impression. It feels like there's so much pressure on me. I really hope we get along

Well, I'm here. I take a deep breath, fixing my skirt. I hesitantly turn the doorknob of practice room 4, the room where I was offered to join Bloom, and the room I would meet them in.

I open the door to see four girls sitting in chairs in the center of the room. They are the only people inside... so I assume they are the members of Bloom. The girls turn to me as I enter.

I bow. "Hello, I'm Jeon Jisu!" I say. The girls stand up.

"Full bloom! Hello, we are Bloom!" They say, laughing.

Confused, I just smile.

"Agh, sorry..." the tallest girl, her skin pale as porcelain and her black hair silky and shiny, giggles. "We always introduce ourselves like that. But I suppose we should be a bit more casual today, no? After all, we'll be spending a while together." She smiles, taking a few steps closer to me and bowing. "Allow me to introduce myself! I'm Park Subin, Bloom's oldest and leader!"

I bow. "It's nice to meet you," I say, smiling.

"And you," Subin replies. "Anyways... this is Seohyun, Yeonseo, and Jimin!"

The girls bow as their names are mentioned by their leader. I return their bows.

Yeonseo, the shortest girl with short blonde hair, motions towards an empty chair. "Here, sit!"

I bow, taking a seat beside her. Well, at least they seem nice! Things are going well so far. I'm not nearly as anxious.

Yeonseo giggles. "Stop bowing so much!" She says to me. "It's alright, you don't need to be so polite. Treat us as if we're your friends! After all, we are your members!"

I smile, nodding.

"Aw, your smile is cute!" Jimin, the second tallest girl squeals. Jimin has big eyes with double eyelids, small lips, and a perfect jawline. She's no doubt the visual of the group. I smile at the compliment she gave me. "Oh, that's right! I'm not the maknae anymore! Jisu, you're the maknae now!"

"Really?" I giggle at Jimin's evil smile. "Cool, I guess!"

Suddenly, a woman enters. It's an older woman with a tight black dress and glasses. Her high heels make an echoing tap tap tap sound as she walks through the room, towards us. We all glance up at her expectantly. As she stops in front of us, we all get up and bow.

"That's our manager. Her name is Bora," Yeonseo whispers to me. I nod.

"Hello, girls," Bloom's manager says. "Nice to meet you, Jisu."

I bow.

The manager continues. "So... unfortunately, we'll have to wrap this up. Bloom's ride back to the JYP building was rescheduled, so you guys actually have to leave immediately."

Jimin gasps. "What? But we just got here!"

Their manager nods. "I know. But Jisu is coming too."

Confused, my eyes widen. "I am?"

The manager nods. "Your stuff is in the van already. Come on, follow me! We have to move quickly!"

We're all very confused, but we obey without another word. We follow Bloom's manager all the way outside. When we exit the back door, I can see a black van which I assume belongs to Bloom. Subin holds the door open, and we all enter, including the manager.

"Sit next to me!" Yeonseo says to me, grabbing me gently by the arm and leading me to the back of the van. There are three rows of seats, each row has two seats. Then in the front there's the driver's seat. Yeonseo and I sit in the two seats at the back, separated by the isle.

Jimin and Seohyun sit in the middle row, and Subin sits in the front.

"Ready?" The driver asks us as we buckle our seat belts.

"Yes!" We all reply in unison.

The van starts moving with a rumble, and I'm jerked forward in my seat. We move quickly out of the Hybe parking lot and towards the JYP building. This is it. I'm one step closer to debuting. There's no going back now.