II || Dormmates

Finally, I've arrived at my dorm. I take out a key card and insert it into the door, which beeps and unlocks with a click. I then turn the knob and push the door open.

I am bathed in cold air from inside the air conditioned room. I sigh, feeling my body cooling down instantly. I step into the dorm, which feels like a refrigerator compared to the hallway. I look around, shutting the door behind me. I don't see either of my dormmates.

"Hello?" I call out. I listen for a reply from the familiar voices of Riley and Seeun, who I share a dorm with.

"Jisu unnie!" Riley shouts, running towards me at full speed and giving me a hug. "Where have you been? We've been texting you!"

I shrug. "I've been training all day, and I didn't see your texts yet."

Riley sighs. "I told you to check your phone more often! Aish, you never listen!"

Just then, Seeun appears. She peeks out of the kitchen with big, curious eyes and looks straight at me. She then gasps, rushing towards me. She's clearly very happy to see me. She smiles, her soft dimples appearing on her cute face.

"Hi Jisu!" She says. "It's good to see you! You must be exhausted!"

I smile, giving Seeun a hug. "I'm fine. It's nice to see you guys too! How is training going for you?"

Riley shrugs. "I've been improving on my vocals quite a bit, but I still can't dance." She laughs.

Seeun also laughs. "Yeah, you should see her! You're still improving a lot, though!" She adds, giving Riley a gentle pat on the back. "For me, I've been told that I'm pretty much making improvement in all areas, but only subtle. Though I already told Riley, I might be debuting soon!"

I gasp, clapping. "Yay! That's awesome!"

Seeun nods, and Riley grins. There is an awkward silence between us. I don't know what else to say. We all glance at each other... suddenly bursting into laughter.

"Why are you laughing?" Riley cries between laughs.

"I don't know!" Seeun replies, also laughing just as much.

I shake my head, sighing, as we stop laughing. That was weird... but I guess that's what friends do? Anyways... I suddenly remember the strange text I received from the CEO earlier. I wonder if I should tell the others. I decide to keep it to myself, in case it's something bad. Maybe I'm in trouble. I keep silent.

"Well, I think I'm going to head to bed," I say.

"Alright," Riley responds. "Night unnie!"

"Goodnight!" Seeun says.

"Goodnight," I reply.