13 • 𝓢𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓜𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓘𝓶𝓹𝓸𝓻𝓽𝓪𝓷𝓽

We were now running around the mansion, trying to find Tanjiro and Teruko. 

"Where are you Tanjiro?" Zentisu called. He was dragging Shoichi and I's arms along. I was still a little sceptical. He had slain a demon, but completely forgot about it? No, I think he was asleep the entire time. That could be why he survived the Final Selection. 

"I can still hear that creepy sound." Zenitsu thought," Just be safe and sound, Tanjiro!"

"Um, Zenitsu, Y/N," Shoichi asked," Is it just me, or are we going around and around in circles?"

"Yeah, I had that feeling too," I said.

"I knew it!" Zenitsu yelled," I was getting the same feeling. 

"That's what I said!"

"That's my boy, Shoichi-kun! I knew I could count on you!"

"I am this close to punching you."

"Sorry, Y/N-chan! Alright, Shoichi-kun, could you check if this room is safe?"

Silence.

"What the hell! Alright! Alright! Just stop giving me that look! Y/N-chan?"

"Hmm?"

"Could you please do it?"

"Zenitsu-san," Shoichi piped up," You should be able to do it. If you couldn't even check behind a door, then you're pretty hopeless, aren't you?"

"FINE! I'll do it myself!"

He opened the door somewhat reluctantly. "There's nobody around. Let's go this way."

I held Shoichi's hand as we walked down the hallway. 

"Tanjiro!" Zenitsu carried on calling," Please show up!"

There was a distinct thud of the tsuzumi and the room was suddenly turned, so that the door was now underneath us. Oh no. 

"T-the room. . . just flipped!" Zentisu yelled as we fell down. 

I covered Shoichi so he wouldn't get hurt. 

I saw the bright light from outside and braced myself for the impact of the ground. But it never came. 

I mean, I heard the thud, but there was no pain. I turned to see that Zenitsu was on the ground, covering me and Shoichi with his body so that we wouldn't be hurt. 

"Zenitsu!" both Shoichi and I cried.

Zenitsu looked up at the both of us. "Thank goodness! Are you alright?" the boy asked. 

Zenitsu sat up. "When the room spun around, we got thrown outside." I explained. "We fell from the second story window." 

"Did we now?" he asked, holding his hand up to his head. 

"You were protecting Y/N-san and she was protecting me so we're fine. But. . . " Shoichi couldn't bring himself to deliver the bad news. 

"I'm glad to hear that." Zenitsu replied. He wasn't getting the message at all. "SO tell me, why are you crying?"

He brought his hand down and examined it. There was a large amount of blood on it. 

It took a few moments for him to process it. "Now I get it! I fell right on my head, didn't I?"

"Yes," I said," Why did you protect me? I would have been fine."

"Am I gonna. . . Am I gonna die?" he dramatically put a hand to his head," My head is starting to spin."