6 • 𝓡𝓮𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓗𝓸𝓶𝓮

Many dead bodies littered the floor. Blood was oozing out of them, forming a sick, deep red pool. An old man with a tengu mask and a cloud patterned haori was cornering a demon, sword in hand. The demon charged at then man, trying to defeat him. But the man was too strong. Blow after blow was met with a block. When the demon tried to jump up to catch the man off guard, the man dodged and threw the demon a few feet away. 

The demon began running. He possibly believed that the old man could actually defeat him. So, fearing for his life, he fled. 

A few moments later, the demon was met with a dead end. He faced the demon slayer, blood dropping onto the floor. The demon slayer walked slowly towards him. 

The demon sprinted into an alleyway. When he looked back, however, the old man was gone. A woosh was heard behind him. Turning to face the sound, he saw the old man flying towards him and cut his neck. 

When Tanjiro had given the finishing blow, the demon saw Urokodaki in his eyes. 

The demon head plopped onto the ground. Shock was still visible in his eyes as he watched his body disintegrate before him. "Dammit! Dammit! Dammit!" the demon cursed," My body's crumbling and disappearing. I can't stop it!" Tanjiro then walked into the frame. He sheathed his sword. "Dammit." the demon said, but with sorrow heavy in his voice," To think that the face of a Demon Hunter will be the last thing I'll ever see. . ." But when the boy turned towards him, his burgundy eyes were sympathetic. 

"How did it come to this?"

"I'm so scared. I'm all alone." a girl's voice mumbled, tears streaming down her face. " Brother? Where are you? I want you to hold my hand! Like you always do."

The demon was disintegrating. "Why? Why did I always bite you to death, brother?"

"Huh?" the demon was confused. It had forgotten his human thoughts after years of corruption." Wait, who's this 'brother' person?"  

"What a sad scent." Tanjiro pointed out, gazing mournfully at the crumbling hand. He gently caressed it with two of his own hands. The demon's hand was larger that two of the boy's, but he still covered Tanjiro's hands with his own.

Tears started blossoming out of his eyes. Though demons were such vile, vicious creatures, after seeing this demon, I could help but pitying him. And when I thought about it, even Nezuko wasn't a bad demon. 

They all used to be humans. They just have a - a disease of sorts. 

"God," Tanjiro prayed, pulling the demon's hand to his forehead," Please. . . The next time this man is reborn, please make sure he doesn't turn into a demon."

The demon was running towards his sister. "Brother!" the girl was crying," Brother! Brother! Hold my hand, will you?"

 The scenery changed. The girl had lost her brother in a dark field at night, and was looking for him. When she had found him, her brother was carrying a lamp. The boy held her hand. 

"You're hopeless, you know?" the brother said, "Still such a scaredy-cat."

The demon's hand now crumbled into nothingness. There were no ruminants at all. "Now Sabito, Makomo and everyone else who have tried to defeat this demon," I spoke, starting Tanjiro slightly," Tanjiro won. You call all rest in peace now." 

The thirteen who were killed turned to leave. Only Makomo lingered for a moment, before also turnig to leave. They were probably going to Urokodaki-san's residence sot hat they will ne home forever.  I suppose if Tanjiro and I were dead, that will be where we would have gone.