9 • 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓾𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓵𝔂 𝓜𝓪𝓷𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷

When I woke up, I was in a ward. Like a hospital ward. I wasn't sure where I was and how I got here. My body was aching and I was having a migraine. It felt as if I was burned to death but didn't die yet. 

I tried to remember the past events. The demon. Shinobu. And when I passed out. 

When I was fighting the demon, he stabbed me several times in the abdomen using his hands. (If you don't understand, just pretend the hands were like knives.) There was blood all around us. My blood. I remember trying the cut off all of his limbs, but I couldn't. I felt like passing out from the blood loss. 

The door opened and three small girls walked in. "Shinobu-sama!" the girl with pink butterfly clips shrieked," Y/N-chan is awake!" The other girls walked towards my bed. 

"Good morning Y/N-chan," the girl with blue butterfly clips said. She handed me some onigiri and tea," Have this. You were asleep for the whole day, so I think you'll be quite hungry." 

She was right. My stomach was growling at the mere thought of food. "Thank you very much," I replied, smiling at the trio. 

For some reason, the girls just squealed and ran out of the room. I wonder what that was about. Did I say something wrong? 

Signing, I took and onigiri and bit into it. The soft rice was very delicious after a day of not eating anything. The filling was salmon. 

After finishing the onigiri, there was a knock on the door. " Come in," I called. 

The door opened to reveal Shinobu. When she saw I was a wake, she ran up to me. " I am so, so sorry for not protecting you back there," she said, grabbing my hand.

"Wait, wait." I began, trying to process what was happening," It was my choice to fight the demon. How could it be your fault?"

"As a Hashira, it is our job to protect the lower ranks. I didn't do that. When I saw the amount of blood you had lost, I couldn't bare to even call myself a Hashira."

I was shocked. Why would a Hashira feel so upset about my injuries? I mean, I did heal up perfectly fine and there wasn't too much pain. Okay, maybe that was a lie. 

"Don't be," I said, smiling at the woman," You should be proud to call yourself a Hashira. If you didn't destroy the demon's conscience, I would have died. So thank you for saving my life." 

Shinobu was silent for a while. She sighed, before handing me my tea." Drink up. Otherwise, it would get cold."

I took the cup from her and sipped it. From the moment the drink touched my lips, I almost spat it out. However, I didn't want to insult Shinobu, so I forced it down. 

"I'm supried you could drink that," the Hashira spoke," Many people would spit it out instantly. Although it is a healing drink, it does taste vile."

The rest of the day, I walked around the butterfly mansion. The three girls would come and talk to me from time to time, however, they would always run away. I did see a few other people in different uniform. It wasn't exactly the Demon Slayer Uniform, but it was similar. 

When I was making my way towards the gardens, I saw a young girl. With a start, I realised that she was from the Final Selection.

"Hey there!" I called, limping towards the girl. Since my injuries were not completely healed, I had to walk with a limp. "I'm glad to see that you are alive! My name is Y/N L/N. What's yours!"

The girl pulled out a coin, but hesitated for a second. She then replied with," It's nice to meet you L/N-san. My name is Tsuyuri Kanao."

"Please, just call me Y/N. Also, why are you in the Butterfly Mansion."