Chapter 57: Christmas at Malfoy Manor

I open my eyes, and feel the icy cold breeze touch my cheeks, except something wasn't right, as I slowly gain consciousness, I begin to feel soft silk sheets on a cushy thick mattress beneath me as I sink into it. My fingers tangled under a warm soft duvet also made of silk. Was I dreaming again?

I shoot up and sit up in the bed immediately in shock of my surroundings, this definitely was not here when I had gone to sleep on the icy cold floorboards I had known too well.

I look down at the end of the bed, and see an envelope placed on the corner. I quickly grab it and pull out the note inside. A small smile of disbelief forms on my face as I read,

Happy Christmas

- Narcissa

We had spent every single morning together having tea in the last 3 months, it was almost like a morning ritual for us, mostly as a coping mechanism for how anxious we were for Draco, but she always had her cold demeanour and always made sure I knew my place; however, this was the first time she had showed me kindness.

I jump out of bed and begin my day as usual, except there was much more chores to prepare for their Christmas before I knew it, the day flies by and its already time for the Malfoy Christmas dinner,

I made sure all the final touches were all set and ready, and seeing as it was Christmas I thought I deserved to take the rest of the evening off and spend my Christmas dinner with the house elves, I make my way up to my room to get out of my uniform, and put on the only set of clothing I own, the jumper and jeans I had been wearing the night I was captured.

I slip on the clothing but can't help but feel a wave of sadness. Normally my mother would always take me out and buy me a brand-new dress every year for Christmas dinner, and we would have so much fun dressing up, doing each other's make up, wearing the family's jewels for fun. I would give anything to be with her right now.

I walk out of the room and make my way towards the staircase, when I hear a voice call out from the all the way at the end of the hallway. It came from Narcissa and Lucious's room.

"Girl! is that you I hear out there?" Narcissa calls out.

I let out an exasperated sigh, as I make my way to her room,

"Did you need something?" I say slowly peering through her bedroom door.

"Help me zip this up wont you?" Narcissa asks me as I walk inside.

She was dressed a beautiful navy-blue long sleeve gown; it was simple but made of very expensive material. Her hair was also pinned up, and she was wearing a bright red lipstick. I had never seen her wear that colour before, it was beautiful on her, but a lot of things were beautiful on her, she was a striking woman.

"I love that colour of red" I say as I zip up her dress.

"Ah this one, Lucious got this for me in this little store in Paris" she says handing me the lipstick to look at.

"Paris is one of my favourite places in the whole world" I say rolling out the lipstick and admiring its quality.

"You are welcome to try it" she says clearing a throat

"Thanks, but I think this is far too extravagant for this outfit" I say with a chuckle.

Her face drops looking at my outfit, almost like she had only realised these were the clothes I was wearing the night I was captured and brought here. She composes herself and continues fiddling with her earrings in front of the mirror.

"The colour reminds me of my favourite Christmas dresses when I was your age, want to see?" she says wandering into her walk-in closet. I wander inside following her in.