Chapter 55: Return to Hogwarts

I slowly walk down the staircase, holding my stomach with every step, almost like I thought I was going to throw up with the motions. I was sick to my stomach as the day I was dreading finally arrived. Students were to return to Hogwarts for the year.

With still no word from Snape, I had no idea what was expected for all those Muggleborns set to return to a school controlled by Voldemort himself. I had no idea if he was successful in protecting them.

What was I supposed to do now? When will I know it will be the right time to ensure Harry is at the right place at the right time, knows the right information only when he needs to? How was I able to help anyone while I was stuck here? My lessons of wandless magic had only scratched the surface, I was nowhere near being as skilled as I needed to.

The broken teacup remains broken, and every day I practice trying to piece it together with a simple gesture. However, it hasn't happened yet. All I have managed to do was focus the magic on slightly moving or levitating the pieces.

I enter the dining hall and begin setting up for breakfast, I knew to expect the entire family dining together this morning, as they would be sending off Draco to his final year at Hogwarts. The sick feeling returned at the thought of him leaving, being there without me, being a death eater forced to follow orders in the halls of the school that used to keep us safe.

After the food was served, I hurry back into the kitchen before they are seated and could see me. I stand before the broken teacup again and try the spell again with just my hands. I stare at it intently feeling the vibrations through my body. The pieces begin shaking rapidly before dropping back to the ground. I sigh feeling disappointed.

"Girl! Come here!" Lucious calls out from the dining room

I quickly run in, "Yes sir" I reply softly. Meeting Draco's eyes and he takes his seat.

"Fetch me some hot water and lemon" he orders

"Right away" I reply back

I bring the hot water and lemon in a jug on a tray. I walk over to Lucious nervously; I rarely ever saw him. Him and Narcissa ignore my presence, while Draco watches me as I walk over. I meet his gaze, he made me feel slightly better.

"Draco you need to see Snape as soon as you arrive, he will tell you what your purpose will be the castle in this year" Lucious explains as I fill his cup, I tried moving as slow as possible to stay in the room as long as I could.

"I thought my purpose was to be a student and learn potion making" Draco says sarcastically

"I need you to take this seriously" Lucious growls slamming his fists on the table, startling me and causing me to spill some water on the table. I quickly grab a cloth from my pocket and begin cleaning the small spill. Draco rolls his eyes at me.

"Listen to your father Draco, you will get through this year as long as you do as you are told, and stay under the radar of the dark lord" Narcissa says with a shaky voice

I begin to leave the room as I hear "And this time don't you dare hesitate like you did with that Mudblood" Lucious growls.

I wait till I was out of sight in the kitchen to let myself visibly react to that comment, I couldn't contain my emotions at the thought of Draco harming another student. I knew if he would have to, even if he didn't want to, he would never stand against them.

I fall to the ground feeling like I needed to break down, however no tears fall, I didn't have any tears left in me for this war, not for him, not even for me. I had enough.

I look up and stare at the broken tea cup on the ground, the vibrations pulse through me once again, however I was no longer drawing this power using fear or anger, now all I had left in me was my determination to end this war.