Chapter 13: The Secret

After weeks go by, me and Draco were spending more time together except we weren't just hooking up, we just liked to spend time with each other, talking for hours, going for walks and just sitting reading together silently. I knew how I was feeling about him wasn't good, especially when we both didn't want to think about being together for real, but I knew he felt the same way about me which made me feel better.

One our way to the study hall I decided to tell Cherry and Anabelle about me and Draco, they were slightly disappointed by my choice of companion, and that I kept it a secret, but they seemed to notice how much more relaxed and happier I was since hanging around him. Although they didn't approve, they liked the influence he had on me. I was so grateful to have them in my life, they always supported me.

We arrive at study hall, and take our seats, I see Harry, Ron and Hermione sitting together at the back, I waved over at them. The last challenge was coming soon, and I could tell how nervous he was, he almost looked like he knew something bad was coming.

Pansy struts in with a smirk on her face sits opposite us, "Morning Murph" she says with a proud grin.

This was really strange I thought to myself, why was she so happy, this can't be good I thought.

"so Murph, I just realised I don't know anything about you" she says smugly especially your parents, I think mentioned your dads name was Alexander Murphy, is that correct? Oh no I realised where this was going.

I tried to play it cool "yep that's correct" I reply nonchalantly.

"I thought that was his name, because I wrote to my dad asking him if he remembered a fellow Slytherin by that name and weirdly he doesn't recall an Alexander Murphy" she says glaring at me.

Before I could speak, she then says "so I thought obviously he was in another year to my father, I mean its not like he would know every person in Slytherin by name, so I thought I would ask Professor McGonagall, since she's been here for more than 40 years right, so she must have taught him at some point, yet she had never heard of such a name" she rants on.

"What are you saying Pansy? that you don't believe my dad was a Slytherin" I say looking annoyed.

"I'm saying I don't believe your dad was even wizard" she says loudly.

Everyone in the study hall went silent and turned to me and Pansy. Cherry and Annabelle look at me concerningly.

"You are truly amazing Pansy, trying to stir up drama by saying I lied about being a pureblood, that's pretty creative even for you" I say sarcastically.

"I thought you might ask that which is why I brought this" she says she whips out a piece of newspaper.

"the headline reads, Billionaire CEO Alexander Murphy and his family at the queens royal garden party, and if I'm not mistaken that is a picture of you and your parents" she says looking smug.

Cherry snatches the piece of paper out her hand and looks at it, her face drops as she sees the picture of me and parents, she looks at me shocked. Annabelle looks over at it too

"Murph what's going on?" she asks concerningly.

"I will tell you what's going on, little miss not so perfect has been lying to us from the start about being a pureblood, I mean I don't know a lot of wizards who make in the muggle world as a CEO without attending school there and furthermore I don't know that queen of the muggle world associates with my wizards and witches either". Pansy shouts.

"Murph why would you lie about being a pureblood?" Cherry says turning to me.

"isn't it obvious she climbed her way to the top of the social hierarchy pretending she is some kind of Slytherin legacy rather than admitting she was a half blood, its so pathetic, Pansy growls.