Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

Ashley's POV:

We ran for a while, neither of us tiring out. I eventually came to a halt on a hill, where I saw the sun setting. Dominic cam up behind me and lay on top of me. I could hear his steady breathing as we watched the sun set. We lay there for a while, and eventually the sun disappeared. It took a few seconds for Dom to realise he will no longer be able to see me, causing him to tense. He grabbed my neck between his jaws and forced me to stand up.

Growling lowly at his for such grubby behaviour, he ignored me and pushed me forward. Clearly he wasn't going to let go of me, probably because he thinks I'm going to run off again. I rolled my eyes and maneuvered my way out of his hold. I growled before taking a few steps away from him, but still walking in the direction he wanted. I huffed as he growled dangerously.

I heard him shift so I copied him. Dom stood in front of me, completely nude, and completely furious. As I shifted, I still had my usual black clothes on. I saw his eyes focus on me, he could finally see me. I knew when we fully mated he will be able to see me in my wolf form at night. I was suddenly pushed up against a tree. I felt the bark scratch my skin making me wince slightly.

"Bruh" I muttered.

"You are going to fucking follow me. You will not shift nor run away, got it?" He snarled.

"What happened to fun Dom who was just chasing me?" I huffed.

"My wolf was in control, and I'll make sure that doesn't happen again" He glared.

"Asshole"

"Not a fucking word" He gripped my jaw. I was starting to get angry. He had no right to treat me like this when all I did was help him and the pack.

"How about you fucking ask why I left before assuming shit. Maybe it was because I knew my brother was close and led my scent in another direction so he doesn't target the pack. Or maybe I just visited my ex and had some fun. Figure it out you fuckwit" I slapped his hand off me before shifting so he couldn't see me and run towards the pack house.

I wouldn't leave again but I wasn't going to stay with him. I growled as I entered the pack house, the warriors that were in the living room stared wide eyed as I marched up the stairs and into Bec's room.

"Ash!" She screamed and ran to me.

"Hey there" I smiled as I bent down to pic her up, my mood growing happy again.

"How are you?" I asked her.

"I'm better now" She giggled.

I laughed and hugged her closer to me. Her brown hair was tied up in two pig tails and her gorgeous honey eyes were gleaming.

"Where did you go?" She whispered.

"I went for a long run hunny" I whispered back.

"Can I come next time?"

"Of course" I smiled

"Will you sleep next to me tonight?" She pouted.

"Of course I will" I smiled.

"But I'm not tired yet!" She giggled.

"Okay, what do you want to do?"

"Let's play hide and seek!" She squealed.

After an hour of hide and seek, Beck was sleeping in her bed soundly while I lay down next to her, thinking. Dom was such an ass, and I'm not the type of girl to put up with someone's shit, I get it, he jumped to conclusions but there was no need to talk to me like that. Although seeing him angry and demanding was a turn on. I sighed and and got off the bed to change into something I can sleep in, when someone knocked on the door.

"Come in" I said.

Dom walked in, looking tired. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, what had happened? I felt the worry for my mate increase.

"Are you okay?" I began to walk towards him.

"Can we talk? I'm so sorry baby" His voice was weak, his eyes were going teary.

SO another edit. Now the whole book is edited and I can work on new longer chapters! Thanks guys x