The man was far from happy. How could he tell his prestigious family that he had gotten a whore knocked up, a addict at that. The man's family hardly tolerated him because if his career change, knowing that he willingly slept with a whore and got her pregnant would make everything worse. His family would disown him and within no time he would be left broke poor with nothing to his name. He just couldn't let this be so he plotted against Adella as her round belly grew. With each passing day his hatred for the mother of his child only increased and his seed? He wanted nothing to do with the thing growing inside of her.

The man was and had always been a wretched being so he killed his unwanted lover days after giving birth to his child and buried her body in a place no one would find her. And the baby boy? He kept the child alive long enough to bring the child to a place he had heard of.

A underground church, unbeknownst to him a cult with very dark intentions.

Without a second thought the man had dropped his baby boy off on the doorstep of the church and never looked back. He could start his life over and forget that he killed the mother of his child and that he abandoned his only child on the doorstep of a church.

When the high priest had found the little boy on their steps the very next day he thought it was a gift from the gods. Living proof that the second coming was near, or so they thought.

Father Issac brought the boy in and took him under his wing. Raising the young boy until he was able to understand the motive for the Church, the reason for the church's very existence. He had plans for the child, plans that would turn Caius Gaines into a cold hearted killer.

The church since the beginning of the war worshiped the dragons, believed that their existence was a sign of the second coming. That the dragons would be the answer to all of humanities prayers, in light of prayer and worship the church believed that when they ascend they will be granted the gift of eternal life and divinity.

In order for the church to move in the right step they needed a sacrificial lamb. One that had been born and bred into the church, one that would be molded into the perfect servant to help Father Isaac and his people continue on their divine path of righteousness.

Caius Gaines was the perfect child in Father Isaac's eyes. With the perfect amount of love and conditioning the child became the servant Father Isaac hoped he would be by the age of seven.

Father Isaac would make the boy commit heinous crimes to prove his devotion to the church. Little Caius grew up with only one friend, the child of the priest's choir member. His name was Eddy and when Isaac saw how close Caius and Eddy became he decided to test his devotion.

"My child." Father Isaac says as he and Caius walked the lush green gardens of their hidden community. All of the other church members were out that day as the sun was shining and a nice cool breeze passed by.

"Yes Father." Caius looked up to the man as if he was his actual father.

"The people here are questioning your faith my son, they believe that you may one day betray us."

Caius scrunched his face up, he did not understand where this was coming from. From day one the boy had followed Father Isaac faithfully and never questioned his ways no matter how morally wrong it was.

"I would never Father, I have always remained a loyal servant to the church." Came his small meek voice.

"Good my boy." Father Isaac stopped at the edge of a cliff overlooking the lush green pastures and farm animals roaming the ground below. Caius stopped beside him a surge of fear running through his veins when he saw how far below the ground was from there. "I believe you." Father Isaac turned to the boy. Getting down on one knee he placed a hand on his shoulder and sent Caius a smile that didn't quite reach his crinkling eyes. "But I am not the one you need to prove that too."