Chapter 8

Tony was looking at Harry's 'house', if it could be called that.

"You live in a trailer. All that cash and you live in a trailer," he said incredulously.

He had been curious where the infamous Viper lived, and to say he was shocked was an understatement.

"I can pack up and move at any time. Besides, it's a really good trailer," shrugged Harry.

"It's a trailer. With a piece of junk like this you should be living in a trailer park!" said Tony in disbelief.

"Wait till you see the inside."

Jane was waiting for them, and was promised two months free of trapped files if she got this picture. She had agreed so fast he had nearly gotten whiplash.

Tony couldn't see why the infamous Viper lived in a trailer (and this fact had to be emphasized in his head repeatedly) when he could easily afford a house.

The second he saw the inside, his face took on a poleaxed expression. He vaguely noted a camera going off repeatedly.

Harry was too busy laughing to properly enjoy this moment.

Finally he stepped outside, looked at the (rather dingy-looking) trailer completely, before going back in.

"How?"

"Magic, of course.

Jane coughed and he negligently waved over her.

"A vaccine. You are now trap free for two months," he said.

"I'll have the photos developed tomorrow," she said.

"Correction, three months," he said smirking.

Tony looked at the place like a cat in full curiosity mode.

"So you're a wizard. And you dragged your own people out into the new century why?"

"Spite. Payback. Amusement. Take your pick. Idiots tried to turn me into their own personal weapon."

"Seriously?"

"They left me in a hellhole where every house was the same, and my Aunt didn't exactly like magic so she took out her jealousy of her younger sister on me. I got my revenge though...when people found out I was her nephew, they started asking some rather pointed questions about my childhood. Particularly why Petunia felt the need to lie about the fact I was a useless good-for-nothing when anyone with a brain and eyes knew that her son was the waste of space and not me. Then they tried to maneuver me into fighting some nutjob from the seventies who killed several innocents because they were all too chicken to deal with the man themselves, despite outnumbering him four-to-one."

"So do they really use wands?" he had to ask.

Harry smirked, and pulled out his true wand. The second he left England, he had snapped that holly and phoenix feather one and threw it in the trash. The one he bought in Knockturn third year was so much easier to use.

Yggdrasil wood and the scales from that the man could only assume was from the infamous World Serpent, seeing as how there were no dragons anywhere near that area for several hundred years and it had come from a suspicious looking rock that caused an earthquake after he had loosened the scale itself.

With the knowledge that yes, magic was in fact real and that his new best friend was a magical, Tony was bursting with questions.

Harry simply pointed at the bookshelf, and brought out a helpful Latin dictionary in case Tony got confused.

Fortunately Tony had been through enough legal nonsense to have a basic understanding of the language (and had taken Spanish at one point) so it was slightly less difficult for him to work through the basics.