Chapter 6

Harry woke to the sound of banging. He looked at the clock.

"Do you have any idea what time it is?" he demanded.

"Two in the morning. Come on, there's an event happening," said Jane bluntly.

"What sort of event, and it had better be damn good or I'll be leaving even more traps in your system," he warned.

Jane showed him the picture she had taken a few hours ago. Harry blearily looked at it as his eyes were strained from reading for hours, and he had just gone to bed an hour ago.

"So?"

"So this could prove my theory!"

"Right. I am leaving new traps in your computers for this. I only went to sleep an hour ago," he said yawning.

"And I thought you would be interested in coming," she said annoyed. At this point she was used to the little 'traps' Harry somehow left on her computer. She could exit within five seconds after setting one off.

It took Darcy five minutes, and Erik ten. They found it easier to just hit mute and let the video play out...by that time they could exit without setting off a secondary trap.

Jane took solace in the fact that if anyone did steal her computer, they would be in for an unpleasant surprise. Harry had made a magical virus that would infect any servers near the computer that was trapped. If someone tried to hack her computer and steal her research, it would immediately jump into any computers near her laptop and trap them all until they paid Harry to remove it.

If he was feeling particularly vindictive, he would leave it dormant to be activated again at any time.

~

Harry was leaning against the door, his eyes half open. He had decided against taking any pepper-up, mostly because he fully intended to go back to sleep once this was over.

Suddenly an aurora appeared over the desert, and Darcy started racing towards where the instruments said that something would hit.

Harry was wide awake, and he felt the memory block straining and finally settling.

He knew what this was, he had traveled it multiple times before.

The Bifrost.

He was very glad he had buckled up, because Jane was fighting Darcy over whether to enter it or not. Suddenly there was someone there and they narrowly avoided hitting them.

This...this was entirely too familiar.

Memories were really trying to break loose now, and Harry wasn't happy about it. If he had wanted to remember, he would have broken the block months ago that day when his body slowly shifted away from being entirely human.

He didn't know who he had been before, but he knew there was a reason why he had been sent to Earth in human form...and why the name Loki had felt so hauntingly familiar.

Whoever they had hit started yelling names only Harry recognized.

'So this is an Asgardian? Wonder what he did to piss off his superiors...'mused Harry.

The second his eyes met with the blond lunatic, memories came to him of a name.

Thor. God of Thunder and Prince of Asgard.

He also caught glimpses of Thor doing something that angered another, one he remembered on the days prior to his body shifting away from humanity.

Odin, King of the Asgard and Thor's father.

So Thor had done something to anger Odin enough to warrant a lesson in humility? How amusing.

"Loki! Send me back now!" he roared.