12 | Marlon Wayans

Hard To Love1/2

Hard To Love
1/2

TW⚠️ (underlined) choking + raw sex + submissive Marlon + dirty talk + head + mentions of anger issues

____

"And how did you feel?"

You slouched back into the seat, twiddling your thumbs as you glanced at the clock impatiently. "Y/n, watching the clock won't make time move any quicker." Luke exclaimed, crossing his legs as he shifted in his seat. "Remember, you and Jungle are the ones who reached out." He noted. You sighed, sitting up straight. "It's just..I don't like thinking back to it. I feel, slimy." You tried your best to explain, Luke chuckled. "Guilt, Y/n. You feel guilty. That's okay, at least you're aware." He exclaimed.

Luke paused, thinking deeply. "You know what? I think I have something that'll be perfect for you." Luke held up his pointer finger before standing up and hurriedly rushing to his back room. He returned shortly after with a pamphlet in his hand. "My wife runs a group program for people with violent tendencies. People who need help healing from trauma. It's a group activity, so you won't feel out of place. Everyone there is going through the same stages as you." He explained, handing you the folded paper as you skimmed through it.

"Luke, I don't know." You mumbled unsure. He sighed, taking a seat next to you. "I want to help Y/n, but you feel like I'm on Jabari's side because I'm his friend. You don't want to open up and that's cool." He chuckled. "I really think this'll be a safe environment for you." He smiled, patting your shoulder. "I can think about it?" You asked, looking up at him. He kissed his teeth. "Of course, take your time. She's not leaving anytime soon." He nodded.

"Her number should be on the back. If you do decide on going, give her a call and tell her I sent you."

________

You stared at your empty cup of coffee, your knee bouncing anxiously. You heard the phone ping. You were replaying the little fight you had with Jabari on a loop. Why were you so difficult? Hard to love? Why do you hurt everyone? Push people away? You sighed, resting your head over your crossed arms as you found comfort in your solitude. You had completely ghosted Jungle, only leaving a note saying 'I need help. Won't be back.' You had also packed all your things.

You hated situations like this. Having to face Jabari, saying goodbye. All the emotional and sentimental stuff wasn't your strong suit. Maybe he was better off, you weren't able to do typical girlfriend things anyways. You felt he expected a lot from you, but you couldn't give him what he wanted. So it's be best to just slip out of his life as if you never existed.