○24○

Half asleep, I cough and look around. I sit up quickly to puke out some salty water, which hurts like hell. When all the salty water is out of my system, I'm fully awake. My whole body feels sore. I look at my hands who are covered in sand. I think back to what happened and feel myself getting sad. The cruise ship. Chaos. Panic. People who cried. Losing Chloe. The cold seawater I found myself drowning in.

My head throbs, just like my heart does. My mouth is dry and my throat is stinging.

,,Ugh." I mutter, trying to roll on my back. Where am I? I'm I going to die? Did I already die? If this is heaven, please God, send me back! Chloe needs me!

Oh, God. My parents, my family. What would they say if they find out the ship has sunk? They must go crazy with worry. I see that my hand is empty and panic. The ring! Where is it? It doesn't take me long to find it lying in the sand, not far from me. I quickly grab it and close my hand, so I won't lose it again.

Suddenly I feel a presence next to me and I slowly turn my head. There a man is standing, with a knife raised towards me.

,,Where are we?" I ask the man and he lowers his knife, looking at me.

,,I don't know, but it's just you and me here." He replies and then kneels beside me. ,,Can you stand up?"

,,I don't know. I can hardly speak."

,,Okay, well then I'll carry you because we need to get out of here or we'll face even greater problems." I nod and he takes me in his arms, just as I lose consciousness.

I don't know how long I was out, but I woke up when the stranger pours some water into my mouth.

,,Just a little bit." He says, drizzling some more in my mouth. ,,Little by little, or you'll start coughing again." I look up at his face and then around me.

,,Where did you take me?"

,,Oh, this? This is my helicopter. Or it was. I stranded here a while ago. I don't know how long ago because you can't see time here, but I know it's a while." He smiles at me. ,,I'm from the navy."

,,Just like Chicago." I whisper, but he seems to hear it.

,,Chicago Walp? Do you know him?" He asks me.

,,A little bit. He's been after my girlfriend for years and now that I'm here... Well, he can get his chance."

,,If your girlfriend loves you, she won't cheat on you and wait until you return." He smiles and gives me something to eat. ,,I'm Matthew."

,,Beca."

,,Good that you still remember who you are." Matthew says. ,,Do you also remember what happened?"

,,I do. The ship got into a storm and sank." I answer. ,,Oh, God. All those people. There probably are so many that didn't make it." I haven't even thought about that before, but the realization just hits me and I start to cry.

,,Hey." Matthew taps my shoulder, trying to comfort me, not knowing if he's allowed to come closer or not. ,,It's a horrible tragedy, but you survived."

,,Is there a way to get out of here?" I ask him, while wiping away my tears.

,,I have tried, but unsuccessful so far. It's not like we can fly out of here with this helicopter because it's useless." I look down, sad that I can't go back to Chloe. ,,Don't worry, we'll get through this together. I'll make a hammock for you here inside this helicopter, so you can sleep. We'll survive, trust me." I don't know why, but I do trust him even tho I only know him for a few minutes. I look at the water bottle Matthew holds out for me.