Chapter 21

4 months later

Austin's POV
I can't believe it. In two months Kins will be six months old & today marks my and Ally's third wedding anniversary. I look over at Ally sitting next to me in the theater. She's so beautiful. It soon becomes hard for me to concentrate on the movie. I reach down and intertwine our fingers as I try to focus on the movie, but I was too excited about my secret plan afterwards. Trish and Jace were keeping Kinsley for us tonight, which made this our first time alone since she was born. Part of me deeply missed our baby girl, but another part was thankful to be spending this night with my Alls. I look back over at Ally, and this time I become totally entranced. She feels me looking at her and snuggles up to me. I wrap an arm around her as if to say, "I love you too."
Another hour passes and the ending credits finally begin to roll up the screen. Ally and I walk out of the theater quietly. She is holding my hand and is wrapped around my arm with her head rested on it. "Feels just like we're teenagers again. Doesn't it sweetie?" I say glancing down at her. "I was thinking the exact same thing. We use to do this all the time, didn't we?" she says. "Yep." I say as we approach our car. We get in and I begin the commute to my big surprise.
We soon drove by our house and Ally looks over at me. "Austin, you passed the house." 'Yea, I know." I say, giggling inside. "Where are you going?" she asks, getting a little worried. "I thought I'd do something special for our night off," I tell her. "What are we doing?" "You'll see when we get there." I say winking at her.
As I drove farther out of town, the sun began to set and it got darker the more we went. I soon saw my turn off and began to drive down the trail. "What is this place Austin?" Ally asks as I park the car in front of the cabin. "This is our home away from home for the night." I tell her as I get out of the car. I walk around and open the car door for her. She grabs my hand as we walk up onto the porch. When we reach the door, I turn towards Ally, "Close your eyes before I open the door." Ally giggles and shuts her eyes. I open the door and walk Ally over in front of it. I step behind her and wrap my arms around her, "You can open them now."

Ally's POV
I opened my eyes to see a candle lit cabin. "Austin..." I turn around to see him smiling. He leans down and kisses my forehead. "Happy Anniversary Alls." He whispers in my ear. I turn around and plant a sweet kiss on his lips. Austin intertwines our fingers and leads me into the cabin. We sit down on a blanket laid out in the middle of the floor. He grabs his guitar, which was leaning against the wall beside us. He begins to play, and I'm carried away by the sound of his voice.

I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you

Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you
(Yes He did)

I think about the years I spent just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true.

Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you
(Yes He did)

Yeah.

Now I'm just rolling home
Into my lover's arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you.

That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you.

My heart gleams with love as he sings to me. When he finishes, he stands up and looks down at me, "Come here." I stand up and we walk out to the back porch together. He leads us over to the hammock and we lay down in it together. I look up at the stars as I lay my head on Austin's chest. "I love you so much Austin. I will never be able to express how much I do. I can only hope you understand." "I feel every ounce of love you have for me Ally, and I love you just as much, if not more. I'll love you forever. " Moments of blissful silence pass. We slowly sway in the hammock under the starry night sky. I tilt my head up towards Austin, "Thank you for always serenading me." I say with a smile on my face. "Thank you for always being an amazing wife and mother." Austin leans down and locks our lips together.

This moment. Kissing my sweet husband. Tonight. Laying under the beautiful night sky. This year. Welcoming our precious Kinsley into the world. The past three, wonderful years. Married to this amazing man of God.

Life was amazing, and it was only going to get better.