Chapter 16

35 Weeks Along

Ally's POV
These past couple of months have been going good. Two months ago we revealed to everyone that the baby was a girl, and they were beyond ecstatic! Trish and I have had fun going shopping for stuff to decorate the nursery with. She and Dez are coming over later to help us decorate it. Sadly Carrie and Jace weren't going to be able to make it, but it's going to be fun having the original "fearsome foursome" together. I giggle remembering when Austin labeled us that.
I was sitting on the couch, anticipating when Austin would get home from Sonic Boom. I didn't go into work today because I wasn't feeling well this morning. The larger the baby and I got, the more tired and achy I seemed to get. In two weeks, I would be considered 'full term'. It wasn't long at all now. We would meet baby Moon very soon. The thought thrilled and terrified me at the same time. I was so ready to see her sweet face and be able to hold her, but the thought of labor and actually being responsible for another life was a little scary at times. Austin has told me everything is going to be fine, and I trust him. Together we can go farther than the moon. I smile thinking about the day he bought me my moon-sun necklace.
I reach over and grab my iPod. I find Francesca Battistelli and hit play. I pull my blanket up over me and lay back as I hear 'Holy Spirit' begin to flow through my earbuds.
There's nothing worth more
That could ever come close
Nothing can compare
You're our living hope
Your presence, Lord...

Austin's POV
"Thanks for giving me a ride over man." Dez tells me as I park the car. "No problem, you were coming over anyway." I say as I get out. We walk over to the back door and I stick my key in the lock. As I turn the key, I see Trish's car pull in behind us. I go ahead and open the door, but wait for Trish. "Hey Trish." Dez says as we walk in the house. "Hey guys. Are you ready to decorate!?" she said excitedly. "I don't think I'm as excited as you and Ally are, but oh yea, I'm ready." I say smiling. "Where's Ally?" Dez questions. "Hmmm, Ally!" I yell through the house. No answer. "I'll go find her while you guys go set up and get ready." Trish tells me. "Thanks Trish. Come on Dez, let's go get the paint out of the laundry room." "Race ya!" I hear Dez say while he sprints off, and just like that, the fun has begun.

I roll the last dip of peach pink onto the wall. I sigh, accomplished with what I have done. I turn around to see Dez laid out on the floor, holding his phone in front of his face. "That didn't take that long, did it Dez?" "Well, it actually took about two hours." "Two hours!? We've been up here two hours? Whaaat!?" "Yep, you just got so carried away, singing and painting." Dez laughs. "Well where is Ally and Trish?" Dez's eyes widen. "Weren't they suppose to come help?" "Yea!" Dez exclaims, jumping up. "Let's go find them." I say, determined. We walk down the stairs and turn the corner to check out the kitchen. "Nope, not in here." Dez says. "Let's try the living room." I say as I lead the way. We walk into a darkened living room, so I reach over to flip on the light. As soon as the light covers the room, me and Dez explode with laughter. There were Trish and Ally, asleep on the couch. "She's always sleeping on her job." Dez says while laughing. I look over at Dez and put a finger up to my lips, "Shhh. I have an idea." I walk over and gently pick up Ally. I motion my head towards Trish. Dez winks at me and tiptoes over towards her. "BOO!" he yells. "Ahh!" I hear Trish yell as Ally jumps in my arms. "Dez!" I whine. ""We were going to 'relocate' them, not scare them." I say shaking my head. "Sorry bro!" Dez says sheepishly. "Austin..." I hear Ally groggily say. "Hey sweetie." I say as I kiss her cheek and stand her up. "Why did you do that!?" I hear Trish angrily ask us. "It was Dez!" I say pointing. "Mhm, we'll talk more about this later." she says. Ally wraps her arms around me and lays her head on my chest. "I missed you today." she tells me. "I missed you too Alls. Are you feeling any better?" "After that nap, yes." she says, then she realizes we aren't alone. She buries her face in my shirt and says, "Heyyyy Trish and Dez." Trish and Dez chuckle. "Well while you girls were asleep, me and Dez got the whole nursery painted!" I say. Ally looks up at me. "Really?" "Really?" I hear Trish echo. "Yep, would y'all like to see." Dez asks. "Yes!" they both exclaimed. Dez and I walked the girls up the stairs to show them what we had finished in the nursery while they were asleep.

Ally's POV
We all walk into the nursery and I see the walls. "They're so cute!" "Thank you!" the boys say in unison. "Awww, I can't wait to start decorating!" Trish says. "We've got to wait a couple of hours for the paint to dry, then we can." Dez says. "Well until then, why don't we cook dinner?" I ask everyone. "YES!" Dez and Austin say loudly. Trish and I laugh, "Okay, okay." I say. We all go back down to the kitchen and start preparing dinner together.
The rest of the night was wonderful, we cooked and ate a delicious meal together, and then we decorated my baby girl's future room. Trish and I had so much fun decorating. We finally finished everything around 2 A.M. Dez decided to spend the night, but Trish said she had to get back home. We told her goodbye as she pulled out of our drive and we all walked back into the house. "Dez, you can sleep in our extra room upstairs if you want to." Austin tells him. "Sure bro." he says. The three of us all walk upstairs and head our different ways. It was now 3 A.M. and I was plenty ready to get some sleep. I walk over to our bed and plop down flat on my back, in the pitch black dark. Austin plops down beside me and intertwines our fingers. "We haven't had much alone time today, have we?" he says as he turns his head toward me. I turn my head and try to make out his face in the dark, "Naw, but I'm thankful that we got to spend some time with our best friends." "Me too." he says. I smile. Austin sits up and places his free hand and arm on the other side of me. I feel him hovering over me, and I close my eyes. He leans down and our lips connect. The feel of his lips on mine is something I'll never get tired of. He pulls away after a couple of moments and says, "Goodnight princess, try to get some sleep. Okay?" "Okay Austin." I say while I pull our quilt over us. Austin wraps me in his arms and we fall asleep to the soothing sound of each other breathing.