Chapter 15

Ally's POV
Today had been a long day, I was exhausted, but I was so ecstatic! My doctor's appointment this morning couldn't have gone any better. I don't know why I had that silly nightmare. Our baby was perfectly healthy and we found out that we were going to have a daughter! Austin is so happy. He can't wait to spoil our little girl.

I hear Austin singing in the shower upstairs as I finish cooking dinner. I smile knowing he's so happy. To celebrate our wonderful news, we were going to have a nice romantic dinner. I had fixed chicken alfredo with my specialty breadsticks. I place two plates on the table and light a candle as I hear Austin come down the stairs. He wraps his arms around me from the back and I kiss his cheek. He smells like a summer rain. "Smells good Alls." We walk into the kitchen and get the food. As we go back into the dining room, I see Austin sit the alfredo down and then he comes around to my side of the table and pulls my chair out for me. "Thanks sweetie." I say appreciatively. I see him walk around to his side, but he quickly returns to me with his chair. "I thought I'd sit by you tonight." He places his chair right beside mine and sits down. He wraps his hand around mine as he thanks God for our food. When he's done, he's still holding tightly to my hand. Austin quickly realizes that he needs to fix our plates, so he lets go. As soon as our plates are filled with food his hand is back around mine. "Someone's being extremely sweet tonight." I say as he takes a bite of his breadstick. He intertwines our fingers and looks at me. He breaks off a piece of bread and holds it towards my mouth. I take a bite as he looks at me. "I love you so much Ally. I'm so happy we're gonna have a little girl. I hope she's as beautiful as you." I look up at Austin and smile, "When do you want to tell everyone Austy?" I said his nickname and he giggled, "Whenever you're ready." "How about this weekend?" "Perfect." he almost whispered into my ear. I wrap alfredo around my fork and feed Austin as he had just done for me. For the next half hour, me and Austin devoured our food by feeding each other, with the whispering of sweet nothings throughout.
When we were finished, we put our dishes in the sink and headed on upstairs. I quickly showered, ready to go to bed and get off my feet. When I walked in our room, Austin was already under the covers with the lights off. I walked over to my side and got under the blankets with him. He was faced the other way so I turned over also. Sleep felt so familiar earlier, but I soon as my head hit the pillow I was wide awake.

Austin's POV
I felt Ally lie down beside me. I couldn't go to sleep without telling her goodnight, so I turned over and enveloped her in my arms. I brushed her hair back and kissed her temple, "Ally?" She moved and laid on her back, "Yea, Austin?" I noticed her voice wasn't hazy and she didn't seem sleepy. "I was going to say goodnight, but you're not sleepy are you?" I asked, propping up on my elbow. "I'm exhausted, but as soon as I got in bed my sleepiness went away." She folded her hands together and placed them on her stomach. She looked up at the ceiling blankly, wanting to go to sleep. I placed my hand over hers and thought about our baby girl beneath them. "I wonder if she'll have my hair or yours." I said, Ally looking over at me. "I hope she has your golden locks." Ally said. "But I hope she has your gorgeous brown eyes." I replied. I lean back in bed and wrap my arm around Ally's shoulders. "But whatever we do Alls, we must tell her everyday how much she is loved by us and by our King." Ally smiles brightly and says, "I know. Thank you so much." "For what?" I ask, looking down at her. "For loving God so much and wanting our daughter to know and love Him too." I lean down and kiss Ally. As we pull apart I feel her yawn. "I think you should get some sleep." I say, sliding back down on my pillow. "I think I can now. Night Austin, I love you so much." she nuzzles into my chest. "I love you too baby. And you little girl." I tell our daughter. We fell asleep that night, ready to spend the future ahead with our little one on the way.