Chapter 4

Austin's POV

We pulled up at Dez's apartment and I parked the car. Since I was the best man, I was in charge of helping Dez with anything he needed help with. Plus he was my best friend and I would do that anyways. I got out of the car and walked over to help Ally out. I linked our hands together as we walked up to the door. I grabbed my key and unlocked the door. We walked in and it was dark. "Dez!" Ally cried out. "Dez!" I called out after Ally. I turned on a light so we wouldn't trip. "Ally, stay here in the living room. I'll go find Dez." "Okay." I heard Ally say as she sat down on the sofa. I walked into the kitchen; no Dez. I looked in the den; no Dez. There was only one more place to look, Dez's bedroom. I poked my head into the doorway and I see Dez sitting on his bed, his head in his hands, and he's fully dressed in his tuxedo. I walk up behind him and place my hand on his shoulder. "Hey buddy." Dez looked up at me, "Austin..." I sit down beside him, "What's wrong Dez?" "I'm scared man." "There's nothing to be afraid of. You're marrying Carrie, the love of your life. What could be scary about that?" "I'm afraid I'm not going to be the husband she needs. She deserves someone better." Dez hangs his head down. I turn toward Dez, "Dez. Carrie doesn't think that. She loves you! She wants to be your wife, and if you do have bumps in the road, you two will get through them together by love and faith. The first time me and Ally had a fight as a married couple, it was horrible. I can't even remember what it was about now, but we had decided earlier on that we would never go to bed angry. We sat up that night and we talked through it. When you truly love someone, and care for them more than you could ever care for yourself, it will always work itself out. You and Carrie love each other like that. I've seen it, and I know you have nothing to be worried about Dez. You're going to make a great husband." "Wow, and I thought I was Dr. Cupid." I laugh, "It all comes from experience. You're going to love being a husband Dez. It's literally one of the best gifts God has blessed us with. Marriage is a wonderful thing."

Ally's POV

I was sitting on the couch, waiting for Austin to come back with Dez, when I had to use the bathroom. I got up and walked to the bathroom, and when I came out, I heard Austin and Dez talking in his room. I was walking back to the living room when I overheard my husband say something. I stopped and leaned against the wall outside Dez's bedroom, "Dez. Carrie doesn't think that. She loves you! She wants to be your wife, and if you do have bumps in the road, you two will get through them together by love and faith. The first time me and Ally had a fight as a married couple, it was horrible. I can't even remember what it was about now, but we had decided earlier on that we would never go to bed angry. We sat up that night and we talked through it. When you truly love someone, and care for them more than you could ever care for yourself, it will always work itself out. You and Carrie love each other like that. I've seen it, and I know you have nothing to be worried about Dez. You're going to make a great husband." "Wow, and I thought I was Dr. Cupid." Austin laughed, "It all comes from experience. You're going to love being a husband Dez. It's literally one of the best gifts God has blessed us with. Marriage is a wonderful thing." A tear runs down my cheek as I hear Austin and Dez hug. I close my eyes and thank God for putting Austin in my life. I don't deserve him, but thank You so much for giving me Austin. I open my eyes and see Dez and Austin walk into the hallway. I go up to Austin, wrap an arm around his side, and lay my head on his chest. "Austin, thank you." "For what?" he says kissing the top of my head. "For loving me beyond measure."

Austin, Dez, and I walked out of the apartment and loaded up in the car. Dez was still a little nervous, but there was now a new sense of calm over him. As we pull out of his drive, I link my hand in Austin's. I place my other hand on my tiny growing bump and look over at my husband. Baby, I can't wait for you to meet your father. He truly is an amazing man.